Part 36: The Lion and The Snake

It frightened me.

Leo wailing out of nowhere. I couldn't even move fast enough- Draco had nearly shoved me out of the way and practically flew down the stairs to him. Coming down the stairs, I sit on the third one from the bottom and watch Draco soothe the small child. The way he is with him- Merlin's Beard: it does so much for me. The way he's been all day.

Something about men who want to be fathers: I tell you.

"I'm not going anywhere, Pal." He kisses his temple and holds him tightly. Leo fists the back of Draco's shirt as he clings to him like moss on a rock. "Would you like to go to sleep upstairs. We have a room ready for you."

"I want sleep with you." He cries and my heart breaks for him.

"We'll come along. You two need your rest." I call and they look at me. Draco scoops up Leo and the two boys come up the stairs in tow with me. When we get to the top of the stairs I turn and wave my low towards the lights. "Nox."

Draco smirks at me and all I can do is roll my eyes. As he takes Leo into my office- Leo looms over Draco's shoulder and looks so sad and sweet.

"Actually- how about, just for tonight- he sleeps with us. This place is different and scary for a little tyke like him." I want him close- I want him to be mine- but it's all only temporary.

"You sure?, Love?"

"Yes. Of course." They follow me into my bedroom and Leo spots Crookshanks on the bed.

"Kitty!" Crookshanks meows deeply and Leo urges Draco to let him down. The poor cat hasn't been around a child since James was a baby and pulled his tail. I highly doubt Crooks will stay around to see what the tiny being is going to do.

"That's Crookshanks, he's my kitty cat." I say and Leo climb on the bed and crawls towards the cat slowly. The gingered feline puffs his hair out wide, but stays still- staring widely at the boy with his smushed up whiskered face. "Crooksy, be nice, Baby."

"Hi, Kitty." Leo says and slowly reaches out to pet the cat. When his hand breeched Crookshank's head, right between his ears, The cat's eyes get wider and he seems frozen. "Hi."

Draco comes around and holds me in his arms- my back pressing against his front.

"I think Crooks doesn't know what to do with a Muggle." Draco snickers quietly.

"I think he figures if he doesn't move- the child won't pull on him. Lil' James pulled terribly on his fluffy tail once and now he refuses to be around young ones." I say and he kisses my neck as we watch the small blonde haired boy lay down looking into the cat's eyes and gently petting his head. The damn cat actually begins to purr for the first time in a long time. The grumpy old thing barely purrs for me when I pet him. Then again, I'm barely ever home for the poor fellow to get any real loving. "Good boy, Crooksy."

After a few minutes of watching them- I soon realize that he fell asleep.

"Ahawww, look at him. They both fell asleep together." I coo. Draco sighs lightly and leaves kisses on my neck.

"I love him."

"I know you do." His hands slide up and down my waist slowly as his lips kiss every inch of my skin. Closing my eyes, I take in the sensation of his touches and my body ignites to it. Leaning my head back against his shoulder, I breathe in his cologne and am transfixed on the sense of him. "Hhhuhhh....Draco."

My breathy whispers gathers a deep guttural moan from him as on hand slide in between my pants and the other slides up my shirt and grasps gently at my left breath.