Part 46: Decided

***Two Weeks Later***

I had nothing left to lose.

After Draco took away any hope of feeling loved- I figured I had nothing left to me to give. He took all of me when he gave me no choice but to push him from my life once more. To hurt him as horribly as he hurt me.

Depressed- I sulked for days. Avoided work and my friends- my Mum and Dad.

I avoided myself even. Never allowing myself to have any thoughts or feelings- I stayed tucked away in my bedroom- sick to my stomach and in pain.

It was three days ago, when I got the call that the UNM- United Nations of Magic- decided to open our realm up to Muggles. They thought my proposal wasn't as delirious as they previously thought.

I was thrilled of course...but still I'm not happy.

Losing Draco took any amount of happiness I had left. I have only sadness brewing inside me and it makes me so nauseous from sunrise to sunset. Maybe it has to do with my lack of eating properly or lack of vitamin D...but still the nausea stays strong in my system.

"You ready for your big speech today?" Andrew Grey walks in with a big smile on his face, as I stand looking in my full length mirror in the hotel suite.

"I guess." I say mildly. He smiles slightly and claps his hands behind his back.

"Well- you look stunning- Minister."

"You can just call me Hermione- Andrew. It's not like my title makes a difference." He permanently took the position as Harry's new partner- since Ron was let go from the Ministry. I dropped the charges against him- but that doesn't mean I forgive him for anything. I figured he'll walk around with the word Rapist etched into his forehead for the rest of his life- so that's punishment enough. He deserves to be a father to Charlotte- especially since he seems to have changed his ways and wants to be a father to her now. Though Lavender has killed the pipe dream of hers: marrying Ron has since gone out the window after hearing what happened to me. He still gets visitation rights though.

"Is everything alright...Hermione. The last two weeks you've been...off." Andrew says- concern growing in his voice as I tie the pink bow around my back to tighten the dress to my slightly skinnier body.

"Yes...just some personal things I've been sorting out."

"Alright...well if you need anything." He casually says.

"We should probably get down there. This is being televised you know. Millions of people- Muggles and magic users alike will be witnessing this speech...I better not be late." My nerves are high right now. Of course the nations decided for me to to give the speech. Granted I pushed for this equality, but still...I rather not be recognized for it.

Walking down the hall of the hotel, we find the conference room that they set up for the live announcement. Cameras and reports scatter the room- both Muggles and Wizards are ready to announce this to the world.  It's funny watching the Muggles question and inquire about the magic quills and cameras the Daily Prophet and Quibbler interviewers are using. Luna in particular is having a fun time of it- a small gaggle of Muggles have gathered around her- asking everything from how she uses her wand to does she still dress herself like they do or can she just magically have clothes appear on her body.

"Oh! Hermione! You look lovely!" Harry and Ginny come up to me- dressed in their finest.

"Thank you, but I rather be home in bed."

"Come on- you finally left the house. At least pretend to enjoy it." Ginny states as she pushes some hair behind my ear.

"I would if I didn't feel so nauseous."