Chapter 21

Photo on the side courtesy of inifinite-young-soul of tumblr :)

AN: Exams are done, and I am officially all yours for this Christmas vacation! Expect quick updates, and more drama x A

 I was in the midst of friends, acquaintances, relavtives and complete strangers. 

"Happy Birthday, Audrey!" Said another girl who I think was my second cousin but am not really sure of. She flung her arms around me and pulled me in an uncomfortable hug. 

"Do you remember me?" She asked as she started to pull away. I gave a weary smile while trying to recover my back up files in my brain searching for the name of this woman.

"Ah, Aunt Lisa! Good to see you!" My brother beamed from behind saving me from embarrassment. While they hugged each other, I gave a quick smile before exiting the scene. I am sure to encounter more of those tonight. 

I looked around and saw my very gleeful mom chatting with some of her book club friends. They all seem to be praising her for organizing this party, and they have every right to. For the past days she has been busy finalizing stuff and I was unwilligly dragged into it. But seeing her this happy, it was all worth it. 

When you watch MTV, the parties there are always lavishing with themes like Casino, Wonderland, Pink pink world or some other annoying overrated thing. But my mom, my mom was something else. The theme of my 18th birthday party, you may ask? Me.

The place was full of photos of myself from every age. Some where on the walls, others were on the tables or placed creatively in some part of the venue. Also, all the things I loved where in there as well. A miniture Eiffel tower, a candy bar, an area where they projected my YouTube videos. The place seemed to have this random vibe, but hey that's me. 

Everyone was kind and greeted me. Some of my friends in school also came, but they are more of the quiet ones. I looked down at my lace dress and wondered how I fit into this? I almost died when I saw how body hugging it was. I patted my stomach trying to flat it out a bit. 

"My my, don't you look dashing." Said a voice behind me. I smirked, instantly knowing who that British accent belonged too.

I spun around and dashed forward hugging him. "Louis!" 

He caught me and lifted me up a bit while embracing me. I got a sniff of his scent, it was intoxicating. It reminded me of that morning where all was left beside me was Louis' empty spot on the bed,  his scent lingering. Louis promised to stay away from his kissing tendencies for a while, unti he sorted things out. Well, if he does ever sort it out.

I looked around and saw that all five lads where here. Yes, even Zayn who was avoiding eye contact with me. Ever since the whole Simon incident, we've never talked or seen each other. Sigh, as they say 1 step forward two step backs. 

After Liam and Niall said their happy birthdays to me, curly approached me with a huge grin. 

"Happy birthday, love." He said then planted a kiss on my cheek. 

"Stop calling me that!" I said sticking out my tongue at him. 

"Excuse me I need fresh air." Zayn suddenly said as he made his way to the balcony of the venue. 

"Um, bathroom. I'll get back to you guys, later?" I said smiling at them. They all nodded, Louis with that all knowing grin. 

Before going out as well, Lou caught my arm and whispered something in my ear. "Yeah, bathroom. Don't make me too jealous." He said almost in a playful away. That's what I love about Louis and I. Despite are undecided feelings for each other, we can still joke about it.