Chapter 5

I was quietly sitting down in the dressing room in Ellen's studio. I clicked my heels, feeling like Dorothy, wishing to just go back home. I looked at the clock and estimated that I'll probably be on in about 15 minutes. I am all alone in the room, since my family is in the audience already. 

Tick - tock - tick - tock. 

I rubbed my throat and felt like it was getting dry. Okay, I am outta here. 

Don't psyche yourself out, Audrey. You can do this. 

Then there was a knock on my door. "Five minutes!" The person said. 

That's when the butterflies activated. I stood up and was pacing around the room, trying to remember the lyrics to the song. I looked at the mirror and fixed the peter pan collar of my baby blue ponte dress. I also fixed my charm bracelet which was a bit loose. Then I stared to look at my whole appearance. Wow, I looked like a star. 

"Not so average Audrey anymore?" I said to myself. 

The door swung open and one of the crew members appeared. "Two minutes Ms. Brooks. Let's go." 

I nodded and started to walk out of the dressing room. The crew member was brisk walking infront of me while I was getting left behind trying to walk with these dreadful heels. I can almost here the audience as I was approaching the left wing. As I was fidgeting with my hands, my charm bracelet fell off as it made a *klang* sound on the floor. I stopped walking and started to bend over to pick it up, but someone got to it before me. 

I saw a head full of curly hair. He snatched my bracelet and stood up straight. I saw him stare at my bracelet then extended his arm and handed it to me. "Cute bracelet." he said.

Then he finally looked at me. My eyes must be like an owl's at this point. That face, who wouldn't know who he is? I've seen his face a million times on tumblr. And just about two days ago I admitted to my stubborn self that I have this teensy weeny crush on him. And now, he's here. 

"Thanks.." I slowly said why getting my braclet. Hold on, what is he doing here? If he's here then the others might be ... it means that he must be here too? 

I saw him smile. "No problem. Hey, you look really familiar." He said to me while studying my face.

I chuckled. "I could say the same to you." 

I saw him smirk and said. "No really, I have seen you somewhere and I .." 

"You are on in 30 seconds!" Said a girl who started to pull me away. My body was forced to face the other direction and I didn't even get the chance to say good bye to him. 

I can hear the music and the audience's cheers. The light was also near, it feels like going to heaven. And in 3 , 2 , 1 I won't be average Audrey anymore. But somehow, I still want to be. 

----------------------------------------------------

Zayn's POV

"Lookin' good, Malik." I said to myself in the mirror. 

I saw Niall roll his eyes. 

"What??" I asked.

"Really Zayn, really?" Niall chuckled as he sat down on the couch.

"Well it is the truth." I jokingly said. 

The door swung open and Harry entered with the freakiest, goofiest smile in the world. And I know that that smile only exists when he has met a girl that caught his fancy. 

Like reading my mind, Louis barged in with questions. "Okay, who is she, where did you meet her, and holy lord you've just been out of this room for ten minutes and you already met a girl?! What a hopeless romantic!"