Chapter 31

AN: Favorite chapter of all time. Through out this whole story, I had a bundle of emotions as I was writing it. But this chapter just gave me an overwhelming feeling as I wrote it. I hope it does the same for you.

THIS IS NOT, I REPEAT, NOT THE FINAL CHAPTER. But this is the second to the last.

ZAYN'S POV

"We are in Ellen's studio, you mad man! Our final interview before summer starts!"  He exclaimed. 

My mouth hung open.

"What?"

So everything, was just a dream? Every smile, every laugh, every whisper, every touch, every tear, every heart break .. every kiss was just a big dream? But, it felt so real. Every detail I remember, every word uttered by every one was still in my head. I rubbed my temple with my hands trying to clear things up with myself. 

Then something haunting entered my mind. What if, Audrey is not here? Or better yet, what if she was here. What if my dream, wasn't really a dream, but a sick, twisted, heart -racing, emotionally challenging vision. But why? Why would that even happen to me? 

Something echoed at the back of my mind. It was my voice saying, "I could have done things differently."

Was this, some sort of, a second chance? 

Liam emerged from the bathroom as Louis stepped out of the dressing room. They both stopped at their tracks the moment they saw me sprawled on the floor. I needed to touch something again, to make sure  I am awake or maybe even alive. 

"Lad, what are you doing on the gr -- aahh!" Liam shouted as I grabbed his foot and removed his shoe. I can feel it, I can defenitely feel it. I can smell it too. I scrunched up my nose and threw it back at him.

"How about some foot powder, eh?" 

He hastily grabbed it. "Something is up with you today." 

"Got that right. He woke up from his beauty nap and totally forgot where we were or what we are doing here." Niall chimed in.

I heard Louis' soft chuckle. "Some dream you must have had yeah?"

Louis. All the memories I had of Louis in my .. dream flashed back. All his rendezvouz with Audrey popped in my head as each scene passed by. All the laughter they shared and even some kisses that I didn't see with my eyes before, but somehow, I know of. It was like all of a sudden, all of their point of views, were my point of views as well. Then an image of Louis crying the night Eleanor came back. Not only did I see that, but I also felt his heart break knowing that he broke Audrey's heart. He wanted to kill himself knowing that he let the absence of his one true love, Eleanor, get the best of him. 

If I was getting my second chance, maybe Louis could get his too. 

I used my arms to push me up from the position I am in. Mid way up, Louis extended his arms to help me up. As soon as I felt Lou's arm, I realized I can feel another human being besides myself, therefore I am truely awake at this point. 

Once I was stood up straight I didn't let a moment pass by.

"Call Eleanor."

Louis was taken back a bit as his body slighlty moved away from me. His eyebrows knitted together. "I'm sorry .. what?"

I placed my hands on his shoulders and took a good grip of it. I then smirked and shook his body. "Call her. She misses you, and I know you miss her too. She loves you so much, Lou."