Chapter 18

AN: My favorite chapter so far! :) I won't be back for a week so I left you guys with a long and dramatic chapter :)

PS: Sorry for the horrible spacing earlier. This is the edited version :) x A

AUDREY'S POV

 I got back to my senses and I did not feel good. I immediately dropped my arms from his neck and pushed him away.

“Louis!! You can not just do that!!” I furiously said. I was looking at him and he quickly put on a look of sincere regret.

He touched his lips for a bit. “Oh god, Audrey I didn’t mean .. I mean I didn’t know .. I can’t even explain it’s just..” He said scrambling for words. You see, that’s how Lou and I are, kind of unexplainable.

My head was searching for people who might have seen us kissing. My head dropped on the floor and I gasped. Before Louis can even utter another word I came closer to him and covered his mouth with my hand. He was a bit startled and after releasing my hand from his, I put my finger on my mouth to say “Sssh.” He nodded at once.

I bended over to pick up my phone which was laying down on the ground. I was scared to look if he’s still on the line. My heart beat faster when I saw that he was.

“Hello?”

“Audrey! I heard Louis’ voice then the phone dropped or something. Are you guys okay?” He asked hurriedly.

I ran my fingers through my hair and made a little sigh of relief. But at the same time, I felt bad for keeping this from him and the other boys.

I was looking at Louis as I answered, “Yeah. Lou was being Lou, as usual.

Silence on the other line. “Hm, okay. So I guess the boys are there. I’ll just see you guys later?

I was only half listening as I was looking at Louis who had his back on the wall and slowly slid down until he was crouching on the floor with his face buried in his hands, looking ashamed. I felt bad, I never want to see Lou  like this.

“Audrey?” Zayn’s voice snapped me out of my trance.

“Oh? Yeah yeah."

“Okay. Um.. I can’t wait to see you.” He tenderly said.

I smiled a bit. “See you later, Zayn.”

The phone call dropped and so did my gaze to Louis. I can see that he was confused like hell, and trust me so was I. All these unexpected kisses are not doing us any good, but it feels so damn right for a reason. Maybe if I should go back to my emotionless self, things would be much easier.

I crouched down right in front of Lou, whose face was still buried in his hands. I can hear him huffing and breathing heavily. I rubbed his back with my hand.

“I’m so sorry Audrey. I just can’t help it. And now I am confused as fuck.” He said not looking at me

I giggled a bit. “If you’re confused as fuck, what do you call me?”

He now looked up for a bit until our eyes connected. He then looked away. “And I don’t deserve any carrots since I am a bad boyfriend.”

I laughed at his statement. At the sight of my laugh, he grinned a bit. “You’re the only person who can make himself happy when he’s sad.” I said to him.

“It’s a gift. But seriously, I am a bad boyfriend.” He said.

I bit my lip before saying, “Not a bad boyfriend, just a confused one."

“You always see the good in people, don’t you?” Louis asked me. He was twiddling with his hands.

I then grabbed his hands for him to stop fidgeting with it. “I don’t think there are bad people.”