Chapter 12

AN: Just as I promised, a quick update! I updated two chapter in one day, so just make sure you have read chapter 11 already before reading this one ;) Had so much fun writing this chatpter! Please play the music on the right when.. well you'll see when :) xx

PS: Doesn't Emma Watson just look so fabulous?

"I'm backing out." I said as Jake zipped up my dress.

"I did not ditch my date for you to ditch your dance." Jake said as he sat down on my bed.

"But I don't like anyone in school anyways." Which was partly true, asides from my best friend who is not attending tonight because she got the flu. Stupid flu. Stupid school. Stupid dress. Stupid life.

Jake crossed his arms. "And when did that ever stop you from having fun? Besides, you are taking One Direction!" He said trying to fake a fangirl's voice.

"Like hell yeah I'm excited!" I said trying to match his actions. I hope he noted the sarcasm.

"Yeah yeah now go leave." He said getting impatient.

"Ugh, why did I even ask you for help. Mom should have been here." I pouted. Mom is currently busy planning my 18th birthday bash. Something that I wish could be avoided.

I was stressing myself while looking at the mirror. I mean, I wanted to look worthy enough to have One Direction as my date. And I am also preparing myself for a hundred photos that will be taken of me and hte boys later, or maybe just more of the boys.

I spun and faced Jake. 'Do I look okay?"

"Little sis, you should really get over your insecuritites. We Brooks don't have insecurities." He said.

I scoffed. "More reason to think I am adopted."

He laughed. "Audrey, you are too beautiful not to be Brook. You look gorgeous."

I glanced back at my mirror and thought that maybe my brother was telling the truth. But, I do not look like I was attending a ball. I was wearing a simple white knee length dress with straps. I didn't even bother to curl my hair, I just tied it into a messy pony tail. I can't do anything with my pale skin, so I just matched it with red lips. This is me attending a ball, while this is what my other classmates wear on a day to day basis. I sighed.

"But there's something missing." My brother said as he approached me.

For some reason, I thought of Zayn for a split second. Weird.

"What?"

He then reached for my sides and tickled me. I was laughing so hard. I managed to push him away.

"There you go, it's not missing anymore." He said as he motioned me to look at the mirror.

"A smile."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made my way downstairs and entered the living room. I was faced to face with four very good looking boys who were rocking out semi formal yet classy outfits. British fashion is something else. 

When they saw me, they were all kind of, staring which made me feel uneasy.

"Wow! You look amazing Audrey!" Louis cheerfully said. He was wearing a white polo with a striped cardigan on top. He had his hair waxed into a very clean quiff.

"Right back at you." I said then winked.

"You all are lookin' good. Don't try to steal the spot light from me!" I said while rolling my eyes. It's already a given that the boys will be mobbed as soon as they stepped out of the car.