Anniversary (Tom!Peter Parker)

Prompt: "I never wanted anything else."

Summary: Reader and Peter have been dating for a month, and Peter's planned a date for their one-month anniversary. Reader's one of the most popular kids in school, so when Peter sees some of the other kids in the grade flirting with her, he decides to change course and do something extra special to show his girlfriend he loves them.

Day sixteen of Fictober on Tumblr!

****************

Peter's POV

"Hey. Peter. Earth to Peter... Come on man!"

I snapped out of it when Ned smacked me on the arm, a little harder than he really had to.

"Ouch! What gives?"

"I've been trying to ask you a question about Rise of Skywalker for, like, ten minutes! You have me totally blocked out!"

"Sorry man... I was just thinking..."

"More like staring at Y/N."

It was my turn to smack Ned in the arm, and I whirled around to face him before turning back to watch Y/N across the room.

"Shut up, man! I can't help it. It's our anniversary today..."

I trailed off, unable to hold back a little sigh as I watched Y/N. Ned scoffed, so I turned to glare at him.

"Dude, you've been dating a month. That's not that big of an anniversary."

"Whatever," I said, just waving him off. "I still can't believe she agreed to go out with me."

Ned just hummed, and we watched as a bunch of the popular kids crowded around Y/N at the lunch table. At least a few of them were flirting, and I started to feel a pit opening in my stomach.

"Hey. Peter. Relax." Ned clapped a hand on my shoulder, clearly noticing me starting to freak out. I turned to look at him, deadly serious as an idea started forming in my head.

"Ned, I need your help. We have the rest of the day to replan my date with Y/N to be the best, most amazing date anyone has ever been on."

"Peter, are you sure..."

I was already pulling out my phone and dialing before Ned could finish his sentence. The call connected, thankfully, and I heard a familiar cranky voice come through the phone.

"Happy, I need a favor- Listen, if you help me with this, I promise I won't call you again for a month."

****************

Y/N POV

"Have a good weekend Y/N!" I waved to my best friend as she disappeared down the hallway, then turned to scan for my boyfriend, Peter Parker. It was our one month anniversary tonight, and Peter had said he had something special planned for the night.

"Hey!"

I whirled around at the sound of Peter's voice, a big smile on my face. I leaned forward to give him a quick kiss, then took his hand as we headed out of the school doors together.

"Hey Pete! So, where are we headed for the start of our mysterious anniversary date?"

"It's a surprise! But I promise you're gonna love it."

"Alright, I trust you. What-"

I stopped mid-sentence as we cleared the school doors and started walking towards the street, where an actual stretch limo was waiting.

"Peter... don't tell me that's for us?"

"Yup! Only the best for you," he said, giving me a dazzling smile as he pulled me towards the limo with him. I let out a breathy laugh and followed, a smile slowly spreading on my face.