Marigold (PeggySous)

Summary: It's Christmas, and the extended SSR crew is gathering at Howard's place to celebrate. Peggy's night is off to a less than amazing start when she has to trudge through a winter storm, but little does she know she's about to get the best present she could've asked for. Final day of Peggysous Week 2020!!! Yay!!! It was so much fun!!! Thanks again to fandomsandxfiles for organizing and running the whole thing!!!

Marigold Meaning: Cheer and good relations in a relationship

****************

Winter in New York was one of Peggy's least favorite times of year. She and Daniel could've been spending it in LA together, but no, Thompson just had to have their help on a case the New York division was working on.

True, it was an important case, and Peggy was happy Thompson finally trusted her with important assignments instead of just seeing her as the office secretary. Still, she wished he'd picked a better time.

The one bright side to all the doom and gloom was that, miraculously, all the agents had managed to get a little time off for Christmas Eve. Even Daniel and Jack were able to swing it, which was extra rare since the two chiefs almost never left the office at the same time. Even better, Peggy and Daniel weren't the only ones who'd left LA for New York. Rose had come with them, and Howard had decided to come along too with Ana and Jarvis in tow. Peggy knew he mostly just wanted to be with Peggy and her friends for Christmas, although he'd never admit it.

She'd just finished dropping off a last round of paperwork and scoping out the restaurant they'd been watching as a mafia front, and now it was finally time for her to head to Howard's place for a nice Christmas with everybody.

The only thing standing in her way was this damned blizzard.

Most of the cabs were full, considering the conditions, but after a few failed attempts Peggy managed to get one. She settled in and started to warm up, feeling the weight lifting off her shoulders as Howard's house came into view.

Peggy paid the cabbie and wasted no time hurrying inside to the living room. She let herself in, since it was Christmas Eve and Jarvis wasn't officially working. She was the last one to arrive, and her friends let up a cheer as she came into sight.

"PEGGY!" called Howard, grinning and gesturing for her to join them. He was standing in the living room by the fire, gathered around a large and beautifully decorated Christmas tree along with the Jarvises, Rose, Angie, Jack, and Peggy's boyfriend, Daniel.

"You've no idea how good it is to see you all," sighed Peggy, plopping onto the couch next to Daniel and leaning over to give him a kiss.

"Long day at the office?" asked Angie sympathetically.

"Long day in the cold. Next time, we're doing this in LA." She directed the last part at Jack, who just grinned.

"Catch a big case on the West Coast for once. Then we'll talk."

Peggy just scoffed as she leaned back into Daniel. Holiday music was playing softly in the background, and now that Peggy was inside, the falling snow seemed picturesque instead of horribly annoying.

"Alright, now that everyone's here, I think it's time we have a nice Christmas dinner," Howard announced, spreading his arms and gesturing around to the room. Everyone smiled and started following him to the dining room, where he had helped Ana and Jarvis set up a beautiful table and full Christmas dinner in the afternoon.

"Wow. This is the nicest setup I've ever seen," said Angie, staring around the table as she took her place. "English, have I ever told you how happy I am we're friends?"