Three Misfits (Loki)

Request: What if Bucky and Loki were great friends and the Avengers were themselves. But all of a sudden Tony's unknown daughter (to all the Avengers but not Tony himself) came storming home because of all the crap he has caused. Everyone is wondering who she is and why she is yelling when Bucky recognizes her as someone he trained in Hydra and helped her get away while she was a small child. And Loki takes a special interest in her, romantic wise.

Anne-Marie is Tony's daughter, and she's storming back to the Tower in the middle of Civil War. In this fic, it's common knowledge that Loki's not dead, and Bucky is present for an argument between Steve, Tony, and the rest of the Avengers.

****************

Almost twenty years without going home and this was it. I hadn't seen my dad since I was two, and honestly, I hadn't ever planned on going back. But now he was messing with somebody I seriously owed.

My name is Anne-Marie Stark, and my father is Tony Stark.

Although, I use "father" loosely. Like I said, I haven't seen him since I was two. See, even though my mother wasn't particularly close to my father, my last name was still technically Stark, and that was valuable. Hydra found me with my mom and kidnapped me before I was even out of diapers. In fact, I'd still be there now if it weren't for a kind heart who took pity on me.

Bucky Barnes. The Winter Soldier. Whatever you want to call him, I don't care.

Hydra started training me to become a weapon almost as soon as they got me, but I started training with the Winter Soldier just after I hit double digits. He was cold as ice when I first met him, and a brutal mentor, but every so often when the other Hydra agents weren't around I caught him looking sorry, or sympathetic. He explained later that he had to be careful not to let his handlers know he felt sympathy for me or they would wipe his memory and replace him with someone worse. Right before my thirteenth birthday he helped me escape, and I thought that was it. I decided to live my life on the run, to make sure Hydra never knew where I was again, and I just assumed that Bucky was out of my life forever.

Imagine my surprise when I saw his name in bold letters as the headline of every newspaper across the globe.

I dug into the story and figured out how wrong the newspapers got it. No way Bucky blew up the UN on his own, and if Hydra had mind-controlled him into it I decided it was my job to tell somebody the truth. Who better to defend Bucky than the daughter of the man leading the charge against him?

I burst through the doors of Stark Tower and walked across the lobby like I owned the place. I got some weird looks, but I was so confident as I marched into the elevator that nobody questioned me. Before I'd gone into the building I counted the floors to see where the big outdoor deck was, and as soon as the elevator doors closed I hit the number for that floor. I had no idea where my father would be, but I figured that would be a good place to start looking.

A blue computer light scanned me up and down, then told me what I knew I was going to hear.

"Access denied."

"Friday—that is your name right?" I was met with silence, so I decided to just continue. "Friday, take a DNA sample or something. I'm Anne-Marie Stark, and I'm here to see my father."

There was a pause, and then the blue light shone again, staying on me longer this time. I didn't hear anything for another minute, and then the elevator started going up.

Mission accomplished. Well, mission started at least.

After an incredibly long elevator ride, the doors slid open to reveal a crowd of people arguing around a table in the room, not one of them paying attention to me.