CHAPTER 11

Emmaliese POV

"Emmaliese." the voice called out.

I never knew hearing my name could stir so much emotions in me. Love, hate, dread, longing...

"Emmaliese." the voice held urgency.

I never knew, something so musical to the ears could be so terrifying to the mind. I clutched onto the blanket, tightly, keeping my knees close to my chest, I faught as all my restrains were slowly falling.

"Emmaliese." the voice held panic.

I never knew he had so much control over me. I tightened my jaw and put my hands on my ears, trying to secure  myself in an imaginary cage of safety, my human world could provide me with.

"Emmaliese." the voice held anger. An agitation arising from not getting the order done.

I never knew I was as much rebellious, as to so easily disobey the king himself. Wasn't I always the obedient, good daughter?

A few minutes passed and silence started choking me. Every single time, he spoke my name, a new set of tears, covertly, fell from my eyes. But now when he wasn't calling, the audacious tears rushed through my eyes freely.

The realisation set in.

It was a momentary affection, an infatuation ignited by the mate bond. It was not his want for me. It was the mate bond compelling him to call me. The truth was,
I was never wanted.

A sob escaped from within me causing me to shut my eyes to the extent they began to hurt, my hand pressed onto my mouth, desperately trying to shut all possible noises.

A futile attempt, though. His enhanced vampire hearing was faster than my reflexes.

"Emmaliese." this time, the voice held pain. A hurt, I recognised similar to mine.

"Amore, I know you are there." the voice was a whisper, barely there yet fierce. "Please talk to me, Amore. Why are you not talking to me?"

I sucked in a deep breath, this time not suppressing any evidence of me being there.

"Amore, please. Talk to me," the voice pleaded. "Tell me, is there anything I did wrong?"

I gritted my teeth. "You are asking me what did you do wrong?" the audacity of this vampire.

"Why don't you ask yourself what did you do right in all this time? You rejected me the moment you find out I was your mate. You made it clear that you didn't have anything to do with me. And now months after you are talking to me," I was painfully suppressing cries all this time. I didn't want him to show I was weak or more precisely I didn't want to show him, he was making me weak. "Listen, I have nothing to do with you. Same applies to you. So do not try to talk to me anymore. Let me move on and forget about you."

"You can never forget about me." he hissed.

I gasped. "I will."

"No you can never. You are tied in a mate bond and above that you are a part of vampire world, our world. So what you need to forget is your human world and your human self," he deadpanned. "You won't be one for long though." he chuckled darkly.

"Don't you ever talk to me."

***********

And that was it. The entire night I didn't talk to him or truthfully I didn't hear him at all after that. I was busy crying the entire night, blaming my fate for everything and at the same time wishing Charlie would forgive me if things would go wrong in future.