CHAPTER 29

Warning: this chapter contain typos and mistakes. I'll rectify them later.

Escaping a pair of prying eyes is difficult but escaping pairs of prying eyes is next to impossible.

After the fainting incident, everyone in the palace was keeping an eye on me. Although they weren't making it obvious but I would catch them keeping an eye on my every move. Surprisingly, except for Jane and the other ladies, everyone was looking at my feet or my hands but not my face or anywhere creepy.

"It's stupid. They think I don't see them keeping an eye on me but I do," I complained to Jane the other morning. "Why is it happening? It's not like I'm an ice doll that would melt." I finished with a scoff which caused Jane to chuckle.

"It's Master Caius' orders for your safety. He doesn't want the same incident to repeat." She clarified.

I rolled my eyes and kept eating my breakfast. In the back of my mind, I had the thought of visiting a doctor. I knew my health was deteriorating and affirming myself to day and night, hoping my subconscious would miraculously make me okay, given my strong brain had stopped siezed working.

But here's the catch. I had to devise a plan to secretly see a doctor without anyone knowing there in the palace, especially the kings. Because Caius would go rampant I think, no matter how aloof and discreet he acts majority of time. Meanwhile Aro would just rush over to turn me into an immortal, snatching my rights to naturally die or kill myself.

And the opportunity presented itself quite unexpectedly.

The Annual Volturi Ball

Yes, it was a thing! The description of it from Jane sounded as princely and magical as demonic and horrifying. Basically, those who are invited, had to dress up nicely and show up (recommended: couple entry) at the main hall of the palace. The dress code for females was a knee length dress or gown, whichever work, but be as elegant as possible. Males had to dress up in suits and tuxedos. Again elegance and decency should be maintained thoroughly. Eyesore were strictly prohibited. At the end, it'ss an evening of dance and drinks. Although, I was highly sceptical about the 'drinks'.

The sound of it felt pleasing to ny ears and gittery to my soul. I realized how it was something exciting happening inside the otherwise monotonous life inside the palace. New faces. New stuff. I felt exactly how I felt at the Cullen's arrival in Forks. The biggest tragedy of my life. The adrenaline rush was like a deja vu. Hopefully, this new event won't turn my life upside down.

********

"What are you planning to wear?" Caius asked when I discussed with him about the bowl later that evening. His question cought me off guard since I was in a trance watching him exuding the most human action by simply plopping on my bed with one arm under his head and the other on his tummy. A moment later his arm was supporting his head as he turned to me, eyes now trained on my face that were closed earlier. His coat and scarf were discarded lazily on the sofa when he entered the room and his sleeves were rolled till the elbow, blue veins running like water snake under pale skin. The first two buttons of his black shirt were undone, providing an unholy view of his slightly peaking smooth chest.

'Oh how much I wanted to run my hands over his torso!'

He cocked an eyebrow as his freely resting hand now brushed the blond locks away from his forehead.

"When I ask a question, I expect an answer, amore."

Was it my ruined mind or his voice actually went a tone deeper?

'He's going to be the death of me.' I thought as I sighed and momentarily closed my eyes. "I haven't decided yet. I'll go shopping and then whatever will catch my eye."