CHAPTER 5

Flashback continued....

In the Cullen's residence

"So when will we reach your house?" I asked after two boring minutes in Edward's lavish car.

"In a few minutes." he replied curtly.

"Exactly how many minutes." damn his curt replies.

Surely his patience level with me was so low or maybe I was just naturally annoying or maybe too smart but whatever it was, well it was not helping my case.

"In. A. Few. Minutes." he said each syllable with more pressure but repeated the same words nonetheless.

We could reach there fast if I didn't have to slow down to not to scare the crazy human. He thought which just made roll my eyes.

"Then drive faster. I'm not scared of speed." just as the words left my mouth, he raised his brow at me and with a smirk he accelerated the car. Finally the car got to fulfill the purpose it was designed for and so was the vampire being a vampire with fast speed.

And I. Well I was thrilled. To be honest it was not speed people are afraid but the fear of death. And I was never afraid of dying, as long as its a cool death. Stupid I know. But dying as an old wrinkled lady on boring hospital bed, hooked with machines was not my thing. But in fast car speeding more with each passing second and the thrill of it was exciting. I wish it was a convertible and I could open the roof.

"Woah. Your car is amazing." I couldn't help but compliment and Edward Cullen liked it considering that he gave a more of an arrogant smirk to which I just rolled my eyes. Now I was never an eye roll person but Jessica and Edward Cullen had turned me into one.

"Let's have some music." I suggested and Edward glanced at me but switched on the stereo nonetheless.

I was not surprised when an old age melody swiveled in my ear making me close my eyes to enjoy it.

Edward Cullens voice or should I say the voice from his mind interrupted me.

Does she like it? Are not people these days love new age rock music and stuff?

I huffed. "I like it Edward. My mom and dad both enjoy old times songs and so do me and my sister. Considering we grew up listening to old songs," I opened my eyes and gave him a look. I slid down my seat and looked out the window. "Plus I like soft songs most of the time. Rock music is for when i get angry." I chuckled. And surprisingly Edward Cullen chuckled too.

"You are quite fine even after the fact that you are in a car with a vampire?"
He asked the inevitable. Man this guy is stupid.

"Haven't you get the fact clear that I'm not afraid of you?" he sure knew how to annoy people by scratching the same surface again and again.

I wonder why. He thought.

"Because you are good looking. All of you are good looking like models of cover page of some fashion magazine. And people are afraid of horrifying things," I huffed. "I mean c'mon if you stand in front of a human, even if you are going to drink the person they would still be thrilled to see such beauty," his face was expressionless. "And you know what," he glanced me briefly before turning towards the road. "Peoole these days have sort of a thing for scary looking guys.. And girls. So even if you show your fangs, I won't be surprised if some people find it really sexy, especially girls in your case."

Are people these days really this crazy or she is an only exception? I heard his thoughts.

"Excuse me. I'm just saying what's obvious. If your life would become a movie girls are gonna swoon over you and your family. Because.. Hot people." I cringed with the last line.