CHAPTER 10

Emmaliese POV

Let's imagine something here. Okay.

Imagine you are holding a plank, wearing a sports bra with fitted black yoga pants. Sexy, right? Wait till you read more. It's gonna be a hell on the earth.

Now imagine that right underneath you, over your blue yoga mat, is lying a thick wooden board, length and breadth, right from your chest to your belly button. Now imagine thousands of nails, pointed, sharp, piercing, thousands of them, sticking out of the board, just centimetres away from poking your entire torso, ready to turn it into a bloody fishnet.

You are holding your plank right on top of those thousand nails and there is an alarm clock right in front of you. Your trainer instructed you to hold the plank until the alarm goes off, which was set to ring after forty five seconds.

You are holding your plank, your eyes closed, focusing to maintain your balance.

A few seconds passed and you open your eyes to peek at the clock, thinking that you are almost done and the clock should be a shaking and ringing mess in five seconds.

But the second you look at the alarm clock, the blood drains from your body because

the alarm clock is not working.

And your strict trainer with a whip in hand is deaf. He can only see the shaking alarm clock, indicating that the alarm is blaring.

And if you leave the plank before forty five seconds your trainer will whip you. Not to mention he find fun in torturing you because you pissed in his fruit loops a few days ago

Now the question is, What are you going to do?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I know it is a very bad example but it explain my situation very well.

Me.

The girl holding the plank

Me

Isabella's twin sister

Me

A rejected mate.

Me.

A human, who thought that mate bond could never affect her since it was a vampire phenomenon.

Me

An annoyed, pissed, unlucky girl.

And my trainer

Him,

The bloodsucker who rejected me

Him,

The bloodsucker who was stuck with a human mate

Him

The annoying and arrogant vampire king

Him

A vampire who was happily married for over a thousand years

And this truth was clawing at me from within. Slowly eating me alive.

Time passed and things became normal for everyone, except me.

I was everything but normal or okay.

If anything, things were just becoming more and more difficult for me. Days were becoming hard to pass. With every tick of the clock, the weight that settled within me when I left Italy, was getting heavier and heavier and it seemed impossible to drag it on any further.