CHAPTER 19

Warning: unedited version

Recap:

"This is fascinating," Aro looked like a girl who just wanted to shout out loud with excitement after her crush finally proposed to her. "I think it's time to try it now." he motioned me to go ahead without providing any target.

So I tried Alec's smokey gift on none other than Aro himself.

Continue from here:

I focused on the black smoke that invaded my body seconds ago, trying to resurface it from within me. Already done keenly observing Alec, I mimicked the way he stood, his gesture, his position and gazed at my palms, ignoring all the pairs of red eyes that were boring into me at the moment.

Fortunately when my mind was about to explode from all the concentration I was putting in, a continuous thread like trail of soft grey smoke emerged out of my pale palms, slowly crawling towards my target as I directed it. Not long after it increased in quantity and transformed into a full fledged wave of thick black smoke ready to engulf Aro.

Too fascinated by what I could do, I was late to notice the look of complete astonishment in Aro's face. He was practically, dumbfounded before he was completely hidden under the veil of dark smoke that rendered him senseless.

The smoke increased too much and I didn't know how to control it or stop it. It was just oozing out of my palms as if a dam was broken inside me that was restricting it up until now.

"Let's stop it." a heavy, somewhat startled voice of Marcus reached my ears, before my eyes found him standing near his throne.

"Yes. But how?" I asked to no one in particular. The smoke was uncontrollable. Surely I was not the one in charge of it when it chased the other vampires present in the throne room at the moment. "I don't know how to stop it."

"Take it back." Alec pretty much shouted.

"How?" as much as I hate to admit it but the truth was I was basically panicking at the moment when the smoke engulfed two other volturi guards, who I never noticed before.

Perhaps Caius sensed the slight wavering in my voice and in a blink of an eye he was right behind me. His one hand secured around my waist pulling me towards himself, the other hand light touching one of my stretched out hand.

"Shh... Focus." he whispered in my ear. His voice immediately showed that always present soothing effect on my body, his touch enhancing it. Like a blanket of comfort in a chilly winter night, it calmed down my jittery self, the panic slowly dying down.

Once again I concentrated on the smoke, imagining pulling it back. For all I knew I felt like I was gonna pass out or probably had  fallen down by now if not for the firm grip of Caius holding me in place.

Thankfully the smoke retreated before finally disappearing back in my palms. Aro and the two guards finally gaining there senses back while I was slowly losing mine.

Everything around me now spinning rapidly. I could barely figure out the figures standing in front of me. This was my potential for the day and I knew I reached the threshold. So I didn't faught back anymore and gave into the darkness.

********

Once again, I found myself in the confinements of the same room I am now a permanent resident of. Once again I found a certain blonde sitting near my bed, the same Ruby eyes staring at me. This time with so much admiration and concern.

I put my hand on my head as I felt a mild headache disturbing me.

"My head hurts." I groaned, trying to sit back.