CHAPTER 25

I swear I'm not dead yet 💀

Emmaliese POV

Dressing up according to the occasion, meeting and people was never a tough task for me. Well, until now.

What one is suppose to be wearing for a date night with a young king?

Or what exactly should you wear for a date night with your vampire suitor who last dated some thousand years ago?

Sighing, I just wore the outfit I thought was cute all the while hoping my ancient old boyfriend would find the same. I took a mini, white, side purse which just had a handkerchief. The only reason I was taking the purse with me was because of how cute it looked with my baby pink trench coat and also I was missing keeping my phone in my purse during parties or outings and now that I didn't have it I just had to take with me an almost empty purse, so I filled it up with some Hershey kisses which Jane bought for me the other day. I almost considered dating Jane at that moment, to be honest.

One last time, I checked out my appearance in the body mirror and felt satisfied and cute, thanks to the bangs I cut in the afternoon and also the no makeup look which Jane gave me.

A knock on my room door, caught my attention. "Come in."

I was honestly not expecting, Evander to be there.

"What are you doing here?" I don't like this boy. He was way too arrogant, and I honeslty had enough strength to only deal with one Caius at a time.

Evander rolled his eyes before entering in as if he owned the place. "Your sister called."

He handed me the phone which I didn't notice he was holding from the start.

"Hello." I said in the phone but there was no reply.

Evander rolled his eyes once again. "The  call was disconnected. Aro told me to tell you to call her," he informed in a dry tone. "Apparently, looking cute can't hide dumb brain. I wonder how someone like you can reflect powers like those."

My jaw dropped at his word. "Excuse me. What do you mean? And why are you here at the first place? Where is Jane?" I was annoyed by him to no end.

"Feeding." again he replied in the same bored tone.

I huffed. "I'll call my sister. You can leave now."

Evander rolled his eyes once again before disappearing in a blink.

"Stupid. I wish his eyes get stuck in his thick head one day." I muttered before dialing Bella's number.

Like last time, we talked about about anything and everything. I told her about my date, to which she was surprised and Alice and Rosalie gave me suggestions and weird ideas for the first date, completely forgetting that their suggestions would only work with humans or normal vampire and not someone like "Mr. Anyone can go jump in a lake cuz I don't give a damn" aka Caius. Anyways, talking with them brought some normalcy in this whole dating fiasco. Not to mention, I now had to update Alice and Rosalie in addition to Jane and Gina and if Jane already informed then probably Sulpicia too, about the juicy updates from my date.

I heaved a long sigh. It didn't even begin and I was already exhausted from all the nervousness. So I checked my appearance once again, admiring my soft curled hair.

(Take a shot everytime you read the word 'compliment'.
My writing skill are going downhill😢)

The opening of my room door for the second time pulled me out of my self praising and there stood Caius clad in his usual dark suit. When his eyes found me, he stilled for a nano second and there was this emotion which was gone before I could configure it.