CHAPTER 18

Warning : unedited version

Do you know that happy faces are hiding theost tears?

Or do you know that resting bitch faces on the inside are the most bubbly ones?

If you didn't you should now.

Jane came a few minutes after Caius was gone. Maybe he ordered her on his way out to behave or whatever but she was too formal with me. And somehow I was never equipped to deal with formality.

"Good morning, Lady Emmaliese." she bowed slightly, while greeting me.

"Uh, huh?" I was completely taken aback by her gesture, feeling so out of place for such honour.

"Master Caius appointed me as your personal guard. Your breakfast will be prepared in a few minutes. Any other thing you wish for, my lady." she spoke so elegantly, I wondered if she was the same child who own the cruciatus curse. But then again she was a child. A very obedient and graceful one at that.

"No. You don't have to address me as Lady or equivalent regards." I got up from the bed, scratching my neck sheepishly. As a teenager, she was pretty intimidating.

She looked at me dumbfounded, before immediately dropping her eyes down. "But you are a queen and its Master Aro's orders to treet you as one."

Of course it was Aro. Why in the world it would be Caius, calling me a queen, indirectly his partner. He was a meanie.

"Don't worry about it. I will umm.... talk to Aro later. For now please drop the formality."

Her eyes lingered on my face a little longer. Nope, she was not buying it at all. "But my lady," yeah there you go.

"It's an order from a queen," I cut her in between. "Now you can't deny it." I smiled at her when she finally nodded. She was really very obedient. "Just call me, Emma."

"That's too informal, my lady. May I call you Miss Emmaliese?" she asked hesitantly.

Woah. She was a vampire and I was a human. If anyone had to be hesitant it should be me not her.

"Let's be friends, Jane." I outstretched my hand forward for a handshake. "Hi I'm Emmaliese Mary Swan. I'm new here. I like reading, watching movies, outdoor activities and I love eating tasty food. Will you be my friend?"

My sudden introduction totally took her by surprise. Her eyes moved between my face and my hand. I wouldn't be surprised if she would automatically presumed me to be weird.

Nonetheless I gave her an encouraging friendly smile and thankfully she reflected it back with a timid one of her own, shaking my hand in a careful, firm grip.

"Hi I'm Jane."

"Your smile is really pretty. It's nice to meet you." I complemented. She was indeed very pretty with her blonde hairs and immocent, childlike face.

"Thank you," if vampires could blush, I bet Jane would be a red tomato by now, given how shy she was being under the effect of my complement. "It's nice to meet you too."

"So now that we are friends. You will call me Emma. Because in friendship, no formality, only fun," I stated, as if teaching the rules and regulation to a five year old. "Got it?"

She nodded. "Yes."

"Good. I'm hungry now," again my stomach made a sound. "I swear my stomach was never this noisy. It's just I haven't eaten anything since the... battle."

Jane giggled, nodding her head. "Come with me." thankfully not minding my mention of the battle. "Do you want me to carry you or you can walk?"

"No, no, no. It's alright. I can walk." honestly I was taken aback by her offer. Being carried around by a child was the last thing I was willing to think about.