15 Pack

Chris POV
(cause we've missed Cyrus)

'Chris, we have a problem,' Sara links, sounding annoyed.

'What is it?' I link back.

'Landon,' she says, hesitantly.

I can't help the growl that slips out at his name. I know if I say anything Jess will brush it off, but I don't like his interest in her. She really is oblivious to any attention, even mine in the beginning. When I first met Jude I thought he had too much of an interest in her, it was nothing compared to Landon. 

"Trouble brother?" Derek asks, raising a brow.

"There's about to be," I growl out.

'Get rid of him before I do,' I snap back through the link to Sara. That guy rubs me the wrong way to begin with before I found out about his interest in Jess.

'I tried, he pulled rank on both me and Nex,' she hissed back. 'They are just sparring, but he makes her uncomfortable now, I can see something's changed.'

I had spent the morning going over events and intell with the Guardians, Kane and Marcus. Jude and Jace were also here filling in details and getting up to speed. 

We had a plan now and everyone was getting their piece to work on. Fixing things with Jess was literally my job. Kane and Garrick were right, I was too distracted and volatile with things off balance. Even in the last day or so now that we've made progress, things have smoothed out greatly.

Garrick wants to keep pushing Jess in Guardian training and as much as I don't want to see her in danger, the woman is a magnet. It also makes more sense as she is more comfortable fighting in human form and has already been training with weapons.

Her wolf is the other challenge. She flat out refused to shift when I brought it up before. The fear in her eyes was plain, and I couldn't blame her. The guilt she felt for killing Jace was eating her up. I'm hoping now that she knows she didn't kill him she will change her mind.

She needs to embrace her wolf and solidify that bond. It's way past time for her to be embraced properly by the pack. If we were at home when she had her first shift we would have been by her side the entire time. Once shifted she would have gone on a pack run around the territory and met the rest of the pack's wild side. But like everything lately, it all went to shit.

"Think you need to to deal with that fucker,"  Kane growls, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Even Nex thinks he's pushing it and normally he doesn't give two shits. We've got what we need for today anyways, go."

With that motivation I take off towards the training field. Cyrus is agitated in my mind, he has calmed down since Jess let us back in but he views Landon as a threat.

Training was in full swing by the time I made it to the sunny field. Everyone was split into pairs as Sara and Nex walked around coaching as they went. I scanned for Jess but couldn't find her which just fed my nerves.

"Let me go," I hear her growl. My eyes snap to her pinned against Landons chest on the far side. I feel my skin ripple as Cyrus surges forward when Landon scents her. The fucking nerve of this guy!

'Wait,' Sara snaps through the link, freezing me mid stride. 'Give her a chance, she can take him.'

'He's crossing the line,' I argue. My hold on Cyrus was slipping. Hell my own outrage at another male touching what is ours was flaring dangerously.

'And she should be the one to kick him back across it, she needs to know you support her as an equal, not as a liability to protect.' Sara's right, and I do, but I don't like it one bit.