79 Rogue Luna

"A Rogue Luna..."

His words hit like a ton of bricks, leaving me wide eyed as they sink in. The collective gasps and equally shocked reactions from the gathered crowd of keepers, Guardians, and our pack members tells me I'm not alone.

Wait, Caimen called me that when I first met him!

"Oh you've got to be shitting me," Derek barks out, laughing. 

Chris palms his forehead before running his hand through his hair. "I can't believe... I'm so fucking dense," he groans.

"No one else caught it," Garrick replies with a sheepish smile.

"Caught what?!" I snap, frustration welling in me as everyone else catches on to something that’s assumed common knowledge and leaves me once more in the dark.

"You're packless luv," Dex cuts in.

"But I'm with Still Waters?" I ask, suddenly uncertain.

"Of course Jess," Jude replies. "But you were never bonded in. Remember after the fight with Rob and his rogues? How Chris cut his palm and mine, then welcomed me to the pack?" 

My lips form into a perfect 'O' as I finally catch on. At the time Chris’s ritual seemed odd but I brushed it off.

I was just happy that Chris finally accepted Jude and he once again had a pack.

"It slipped my mind," Chris admits as guilt flashes in his eyes. "Only wolves can be bonded into a pack and... well... you know..."

"I was human... until I wasn't," I laugh. 

In hindsight, it's funny to think that for my whole life I thought I was human with a bitchy subconscious. Meanwhile, I had poor Ember in a prison so deep I can't blame her for being angry.

"Exactly," he laughs, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. "Lord knows it has been a crazy few months."

"Fucking understatement of the century!" Jace groans, earning laughs from all.

"Well I'm already bloody, let's snip my roguey roots," I chirp, holding out my wounded hand.

Chris gazes at my sliced palm and his eyes swirl with such emotion as he gently takes it in both of his hands and brings it softly to his lips. I feel conflict in him as he debates something with himself.

"No baby," he says tenderly and curls his fingers around my hand. "We're going to do what we should have done long ago, welcome you into the pack with a Luna ceremony."

"A Luna ceremony?" I ask, having no idea what that is.

"Every Luna when found or chosen is welcomed into their pack with a Ceremony, celebrating the Alpha pair and her champion," Chris explains. "Everything happened so fast but you deserve this, hell, for everything Jude has done too."

Lord knows I hate a fuss but I can see how important this is to Chris and Jude deserves recognition for his sacrifices.

"Okay," I whisper, not putting up a fuss. Jace whoops in excitement, though I think after what we've all been through we can all use something to celebrate.

Chris pulls me close and captures my lips with his, kissing me so passionately he leaves me breathless and weak in the knees. "Thank you," he huskily whispers, his golden green eyes boring into mine. The love feeding back through the bond leaves me speechless, so I lay my head on his chest and relish in the moment.

"We have several new pack members to bond in also," he adds as an afterthought. "Chloe and Mira for starters, but there's a big stack of transfer requests we need to go over when you're up to it. Plus we still have to address the shewolves, ex-prisoners, and war prisoners."