9 Reckless

🎊🎂It's my birthday, 🎁🎉
but I'm gifting you all the update😄 enjoy!

Sorry for these rough chapters, have some sun coming, hang on just a lil longer! Don't forget to follow me to keep up on story updates and bonuses. Thank you so much for reading/commenting/voting, it's much appreciated!🥰

Chris POV(cause that was a hot mess)

'She's at training,' Sara links, updating where Jess is.

Nothing is simple anymore. Trying to play catch up on a war I never expected nor wanted at the same time that my life got turned upside down is a nightmare.

My mind is always on Jess. Cyrus is fixating on what we should be doing or how to make her remember us. He's desperate to have her again, it's worse than when she was missing, or when she stayed behind.

She's here, I can see her but she's just out of reach. Her scent haunts me wherever I go. Cyrus just wants to claim her like that will magically fix everything. Fuck, she won't even let me get close to her; she's not running but she flinches away from me... She's afraid which is so much worse.

I can feel his fear, he thinks she's slipping further away... I'm terrified he's right, but have no idea how to fix it. I've tried to give her space, she's taken it and walled herself away. She's consumed by guilt and haunted, my temper isn't helping but I just can't seem to control myself.

Claire has been really sick lately, her pregnancy is taking its toll, so she's in no shape to get through to her. Sara, well that's a lost fucking cause.

It took those two months to come to terms with each other and I still don't understand their friendship. Hell I didn't care, I was just happy she finally accepted Jess.

The truth is, it was always Jude and Jace that fixed everything. Without them, there's a vacuum that I don't know how to handle. Jace always called me on my bullshit and kept me on the right path.

Jude was the skeleton key for Jess; he seemed to be the only one who could get through to her when she struggled. He was always by her side even at the bitter end when his body failed.

Hell, I'd even take a lecture from Derek at this point, but like all the Guardians, lord knows where he is. We're in this war because of them and the council and they've left us high and dry.

God, I could use a sign or a break or something... anything at this point.

"Come on, let's grab lunch before we have to sit through the doomsday meeting," Kane says, snapping me out of my reflection.

We grab some food and head to the private dining room off to the side. It's reserved for high-rank members, trying to keep peace as the stress keeps tempers high.

"What's got you so pissy," he finally asks.

"Take your pick," I reply with a shrug.

"Jess?" He presses.

"It's all gone to shit; I have no clue how to fix it," I admit, dropping my head into my hands.

"Well I'm no help, I marked Willow the second day I had her then did fuck all for like six months. Conference helped me, it fucked you, no foreplay or lube," he replies, scrunching his face up.

"Me and booze helped you, conference did fuck all," I snap.

"If you say so," he concedes with a shrug.

I just look at him dumbfounded, remembering how he was with her before I talked some sense into him. He was fucking clueless! The mark on his neck however says he was a quick study. I can't help my jealousy at that.