Chapter 13

Her question took him off guard. He was expecting some simple questions first but she never fails to surprise him. Straight to the point. He took a sip off his coffee and instead of answering her question asked one,

“Why do you think there is another reason behind this marriage than I told you?”

“Ohhh come on Mr. Watson you don’t think that I believed it for a second that the only reason you are marrying me is the will & your villa, because if it was just a issue of a will then you could have chosen a different way.”

“Such as?”

“I don’t know may be you have courted me properly, could have make me fall in love with you and if not that you could have easily kill me or blackmailed me to name you as my heir and then kill me. Marrying me that to also in so much of a hurry with a pre-nup should be a last resort from your end. Cause if we look at your public image marriage is nowhere on your list. So now can you tell me that other reason?”

He could'nt stop himself from smiling broadly. He was totally in love with her brains.  Wait, what? No….no…..no…no…..no he wasn’t in love. What is wrong with him? Why was he thinking this way? He needs to stop as in NOW.

“You are right; well the other reason is my public image. I want a very important contract, there is one company I want to take over but my last affaire caused quite a scandal so my shares are dropping and right now I need a good public image or my company will face a very big loss. “ 

“Oh. Ok. I understand. Your turn.” She replied in bit disappointed tone.

“What changed your attitude towards this situation in one night?” he tried to ask indirectly about last night’s events.

“What? What do you mean?”

“You were not ready to talk to me in a civilized manner till last night, was calling me names yet here you are sitting in my kitchen talking about future. What has changed since last night?”

“You will laugh at me if I tell you.” She replied shyly.

“No I won’t. I promise. Tell me” his curiosity was bringing him to the edge. She let out a sigh and said

“I had dream last night night. It’s stupid but I saw that I’m trapped in bad dream and I saw Charles, he was cuddling me in his arms and singing a lullaby for me and he promised me that he will always be there for me no matter what, and it was a same lullaby he used to sing for me whenever I had that bad dream. So I decided to it another chance.”

She told him with a weak smile but he could saw the sadness in her eyes, but more than that he felt angry and disappointed. She thought it was his father who comforted her last night and what does she mean by singing for her every time, how frequent was her dreams? And why? He wanted to tell her that it wasn’t his father, it was him but he remembered the smile she gave him earlier and couldn’t have a heart to break her belief.  He wasn’t able to explain the hurt he was feeling yet he felt happy because she was happy. This girl was messing with his peace of mind.

“Ok. Your turn.” He said half heartedly.

“Why you never came to visit your parents. You never even called them.”

“That’s too personal. You don’t expect us to be best of friends in one day, now do you?” he replied curtly.

“It’s ok. You don’t have to be rude. Ask your question?”

“Tell me about your bad dream?”  He asked curiously.

““That’s too personal. You don’t expect us to be best of friends in one day, now do you?” she replied in same curt tone.

“Ok you tell me about your dream and then I’ll answer your question. Ok?” he wasn’t expecting her to agree but it seems her curiosity won,

“It was about a small incident happened in New York.”

“What, that’s it. Tell me full story. You wanna know the full story right? ” He asked mockingly. She gave him death glare and continued.

“It actually happened when I was new in city. I was coming home from my college and got lost in the area near home. I was pretty late and took a wrong turn and end up in some dark ally. I was trying to find my way out when two men suddenly came out of nowhere and they tried to molest me. I tried to run and scream but they pinned me down on the road, they tore my cloths a…an…and I was lucky that Charles came searching for me and heard my scream. He saved me that day from being raped…. I used to get bad dreams about it and last night I was again in that ally.”  She said in a chocked voice.

He was shocked and angry; all he wanted to do is wrangle the neck of those men who tried to hurt her. He could see her effort to control her emotions; she clasped her trembling hand tightly and was staring at the table. He was so proud of his fireball, she was so strong. He wanted to comfort her, share her fear and grief but words seems to abandon him, so he did the only thing he knew through which he could express his feelings. He stood up and pulled her in his arms and hugged her tightly like she was the most precious thing in his life.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys.. This one is a bit long one then the previous chap. do tell me what do you think about it and English is my third language so if i do some spellling and grammatical mistakes do tell me.

I have asked  you all to suggest me a cast for this story but a friend of mine told me that it would be nice to imagine them than pictuing them as some actors so I have decided to listen to her so I won't be picking up any cast..................... plz vote and comment........