Chapter 46

Hello my hearts, thank you all for your support, without your encouragement I wouldn't be able to continue this. I read each and every comment of yours and I am so happy that in-spite of the delay in updates every one of you still want to read this book. It means a lot to me guys. I Love you all and I won't bore you with my rambling. So, this one is a bit serious chapter but I have tried to mellow it down in the end. This times dedication to my sweet friend fatemasweet for constantly encouraging me ti update sooner...please dear keep on messaging me it helps me keep motivated....

***********************************************************************************************

Nisha let out a labored breath, this conversation has never been easy for her. This part of her life has always been the dark one but more than that she feared the pity or disgust others might feel towards her. Many of her friends knew some of her background but then again, she never had tons of friends.

She could see the worry crossed across Nick's face.

"I don't know how to say this or from where to start?'

"It's ok if you don't want to tell me. I understand Nisha."

"No, you need to know at least some of it. Maybe let's not go into details. I'll just give you an idea about it. "

"We are a highly dysfunctional family. I know every family is but we are bit more than usual. We have many differences, we don't talk to each other, I haven't seen my brother in last 2 years haven't spoken to him at all. I don't even know if he is ok. I just know he is alive because of his Facebook and Instagram updates but other than that we have no communication. "

"My parents are completely separated yet they stay in the same house. I know it sounds weird, they are emotionally detached from each other but the won't get a divorce because of the social stigma it carries around."

"My childhood wasn't a particularly pleasant one, unlike all western countries we don't have any law against child violence done by parents. Hitting you kids is not just very common but it is also considered as a normal practice. Parents struck their kids on almost daily basis, some more than the others."

"Now the situation is changing slowly but for our parent's generation it wasn't something wrong and neither was it for my parents. You must have always wondered that from whom do I get my short-tempered nature, well the answer is from both of my parents."

"I understand their situation now but some scars can not be healed. My parents married each other because they were in love with each other. My mother was from a very well to do family and my father belonged to the poor family background. It was a typical rich girl, poor boy college romance. Apart from being rich my mother was very ambitious as well, when they got married their financial condition was quite poor yet they managed to survive.

"Two years later I was born, my father wanted a son but here I was a female gender. Yet he was very happy, things were extremely good at that time; though I don't really remember it but according to my mother they were."

"That was until my brother was born, it wasn't his fault that the situation started declining but it was a catalyst for many events. Till the birth of my brother my mother was a working woman, establishing her own business but after his birth she had to shut down her business and sit at home to take care of us. That took a toll on her, she became more and more irritated and angry , my father never really contributed in family, hardly paid attention to us and started blaming her for everything. "

"That made her even more angrier and unfortunately I was always on the receiving end of it. I have always been a stubborn child and her anger and punishment made me more stubborn. "

"Slowly mild punishment became severe ones. Ruler was replaced by belt. Soon I became the punching bag for my father as well, but his punishments used to last longer, no matter how small or the big mistake was severity of the punishment would depend upon their mood. So like a good girl I learned to lie but that lead to the burns ...but that's not important."

"So, this continued almost till the age 16. After that when they realized that hitting is out of equation then started the taunts and verbal degradation. I won't go in more details but before I finished my graduation I was a chronic case of depression, I had and I still have many inferiority complexes. It took a long and quite a lonely time for me to come out of it. "

"The reason why I am telling you all this is because now the situation has quite improved but there are some chances that you'll see some arguments or there might come a point where you'll have to control me. You'll understand what I am talking about when you meet my family but I just want you to be aware of the situation. I don't want you to react at all on any sort of negative comment made on me, just ignore everything. "

"It's just a matter of couple of days"

Shocked was an understatement for what Nick was feeling right now. What she has been through was nothing short of horrific and experiencing all that at such a young age and for so many years is something he could never imagine. He hated her parents for doing this to her, no child deserves it.

"Why are you doing this then? Why care about them so much? why agree to my blackmail?"

"Because no matter what they are my family, I may not love them but I have a responsibility towards them."

All Nick could do was stared at her.

"Now I understand all those weird clauses in our agreement. "

She attempted a weak smile and averted her eyes but not before he noticed the tears forming in her eyes.

Without a second thought he closed the distance between them and gathered her in his arms. She buried her head in his neck, holding him tightly. He tightened his hold around her when she whispered in a small voice full of doubt,

"So, you are not repulsed by me, are you?"

He pulled her away from himself and stared at her in disbelieve and all he saw was a broken girl with full of insecurities, he had no clue how to reassure her so he did the first thing that came to his mind,

He crashed his lips on hers.

***********************************************************************************************

There is more from where this is coming...wait for it... next update will be sooner than you expected.