Chapter 6

Nisha opened the door of her apartment for third time, she cursed herself as she hurried inside and grabbed her from the table where her keys were lying few minutes ago. She closed the door and revised her mental check list for all the things, again. 

She reached to the station only a minute before her train leaves and practically jumped inside. She found a quite seat and settled down and along with the speed of train her mind drifted to past few days events.

She wondered how hard she would have laughed if anybody would have told her that she is going to get married let alone gonna agree for a compromise marriage, yet here she was doing exactly the same thing. She knew she hated Nicolas, for his behavior towards his parents and more than that she hated him for linking her and Charles romantically. She was angry but more than that she was confused. She never cared about what people think about her,only opinions mattered her was of her loved ones but his opinion mattered for a reason she could not understand. Damn him! She cursed him. It was all happing since that kiss, not that she was affected but every time she closed her eyes her mind choose to play the same track giving her sleepless nights for last 10 days. She hated herself for thinking about a man's kiss who only think of her as whore, not just any his father's whore. She needs to stop this. It was affecting her work, her routine and the roller coaster ride was the last thing she wanted now. She shook her head as if trying to throw all her thoughts out and entered her hospital building.

Soon she was all dressed in her uniform with her long hair tied in a bun above her neck and she was ready for her day. Nisha entered her work place which soon got filled with baby cries and laughter. This was her Paradise. Time flew as she engrossed in treating her little patients. Her stomach gave a hungry growl just in time for lunch break and she made her way to cafeteria. Once she got her sandwich and juice and found a quite corner so she could eat and read. She sat down at the table and was about to open a book her phone rang. She saw a callers name and a wide smile appeared on her face. She picked up the call and switched to video chat.

"Hey honey, what's up?"

"Someone is too busy these days"

She said it with mockery.

"Shut up and stop teasing me. Forget about me. Why you look so fucked up?"

Her best friend replied with a little worry in her voice.

"Stop being mommy Srush. Nothing's wrong with me"

"By the way you got the american language on that sweet tongue of yours"

"Chuck it. Now tell me cause you look like you haven't been slept in ages and don't you dare tell me its your week before "date" and all cause I know you too well to believe it."

"You are not going to let it go right?"

"Damn right. Now tell me what's wrong. Family problem?"

"I wish. But no its something bigger."

"I'm getting married. To son of Charles and Mariette"

"What???"

Her friend practically screamed.

"You out of all people getting married. That's not possible. Tell me from beginning. Damn that man got guts to ask you for marriage. "

Nisha told Srushti about everything including the letter. After a long pause finally Srushti replied,

"Girl you got a situation. You haven't slept in 10 days cause you are fantasy dreaming about a man who think of you as a gold digger and slut?"

"Yeah. Thanks for putting it that way"

She said it sarcastically.

"Don't get pissed on me. Listen I'll tell you something only if you're going to do it else forget it."

"OK tell me. I'll do it if I feel it right"

"Fair enough. Look try to sort out things. See you are attracted to him and admit it you are cause otherwise you wouldn't be fantasy dreaming about him. So at least try to be friends. You have a long journey ahead of you with him and please don't let your past cloud your judgment and you deserve to be happy there is nothing wrong in it. Its just that he don't know the real you. Who knows he might fall in love with you one day."

"You never stopped believing that I could love someone. Why?"

"Because I know you better than you dumb ass."

Srushti replied with a smirk.

For next half hour they chatted endlessly. Finally when her lunch break got over and they bid good bye to each other before disconnecting. 

While walking back to her work she couldn't stop smiling and thinking about all those years during her graduation and her friendship with Srushti. They have been best friends since first year. They were insuperable, always helping each other , understanding each other when no one could. Srushti has been always there for her in her bad times which always came often. She was truly lucky to have Srushti in her life. 

As she entered in work place she saw a large banquet of white roses waiting for her. She saw a card attached to it with a hand written note.

"I'm truly sorry for my behavior. I know our start is not a good one so I would like to start over. Can we meet for dinner tonight?

This is my no please call.

                                 - Nicolas".

She could not resist a smile at that simple gesture and picked up her phone and instead of calling send a message.

****************************************

Hey guys I'm extremely sorry for this late update. I want to thank you all for reading this story and thank you for your votes and comments. I hope you like this one too. Not much of excitement but next one won't b like thisHope u like . please don't forget to comment ,vote ,and share. Its a huge encouragement. See you till next time.