Chapter 50

Nisha jerked back in reality after she lost in a daydream 5th time since morning. She smiled at her own stupidity. This was quickly becoming a habit now. The past one week has been pure bliss. When in a relationship Nic was a dream come true. He was attentive, caring, considerate. He had his flaws, he was quite impulsive, jealous, and possessive type. It was funny how she was relating their arrangement a relationship. after this past week she had no doubt that marriage could have a real chance. She was still worried about her past, her insecurities, her demons ruining her chances at a normal life. "but is that enough? you still don't love him." a small voice in her head chimed again. This was one question that haunted her since she decided to take their relationship to next level. Nick knew her better than most of her friends. He was able to guess what is on her mind expertly. He seemed to always know when to cheer her up, when to give a hug and when to just pour a drink. She cared for him deeply and every time he was near her, she could feel her heart flutter. It has been a long time since she woke up with a smile on her face every day.

Life with Nick was easy, comfortable, and surprisingly happy. After they have taken their relationship to the next level their previous routine has changed a lot but it was equally natural for them. They woke up every morning together since he was a better cook amongst the two he always made a point to cook her breakfast and he even learned how to make Indian-styled Chai just because she loved her morning tea. They would take Treasure for a walk together, he would drop her at work and when she would go home in the evening, he would be waiting for her while finishing his work. That was the best part of her day, seeing him in his rolled-up sleeves, a jacket was thrown over a chair, hair all tasseled while he would be buried deep in work. She loved the way he would bury his face in her neck and exhale out all the tension, whenever she would walk into his study. In spite of spending almost all the time together, they still managed to chat on phone throughout the day. At the end of the day, they would end up having dinner together and curling up on a couch or a bed with a book or movie. She loved it about him that no matter however busy he was he always made it a point that they would have their breakfast and dinner together.

"Loved" That she almost thought twice while thinking about Nick, was she mistaking her care for love, or was it the other way around. She pushed that thought out of her head as she had bigger things to worry about. Nick has been behind her life to go to India and she knew that she couldn't avoid it any further. Nick wanted to meet her parents, it was pretty much expected since that was the part of the deal.

Today morning only she and Nick had decided to go to India once he is back from his business trip that he needed to go. This trip would give her time to figure out how to handle the situation back at home without causing more damage than it's already going to cause to whatever relationship she has with Nick. It was one of her biggest fear that whatever she has with Nick would end if he sees the reality. He has been incredibly supportive when he heard her side of the story but hearing and seeing are two different things. She was not sure if he would be able to handle it. In her mind, this trip was most likely to be the end of their relationship, And before everything happened she was okay with it, hell she even wanted it to happen but now since she has seen what her life could be with him, she didn't want it to end.

She was selfish, she liked what she had with Nick and she was happy and even though she didn't love him right now she knew that she would be able to with time. After all, love wasn't the only thing required for a successful marriage. She tried to convince herself that what she had with Nick was enough and since she didn't love him she won't be heartbroken when he finally decides to leave. Nick was leaving today afternoon for a week for his business trip in New York, which meant she would be going back to an empty house, but that was okay she tried to cheer herself up, this will give her time to get a grip on this new reality and some distance would be great for them, she didn't want to get too attached, too fast. So this distance would help her achieve just that distance that was much needed for her peace of mind.

***********************************************************************************************

Hi guys, here is the new update, do let me know what you think about it. I know I took some time to update but I hope this is a good update.