Chapter 44

"What?"

" Have you completely lost it Aaron?   We are getting married for god's sake. You can't love her. "

Nick was seething with anger. How dare he? he thought Aaron was his best friend , he trusted him.

"Ohh.. who are you trying to fool Nicholas? You don't love her, this is a contract marriage for you, just your sick way of getting revenge for a crime she didn't even commit. " Aaron argued heatedly. 

"That is not true. "

" For once in your pathetic life Nicholas accept the truth, accept your weakness. Accept it that you are not capable of loving her.  That you don't deserve her."

His words stabbed  Nick's heart. 

"Does she also think like this? does she also loves you Aaron?"

Nick asked him brokenheartedly.

"Yes..No..Maybe.... I don't know. I haven't told her yet"

"But it doesn't matter ,cause she would choose me over you any day."

All Nick could think that he wanted to break Aaron's face, he took a threatening step towards Aaron just as a figure busted through the doors; half walking ,half running towards him. 

"Nick , I need to tell you something, no i need to show you something. "

Nisha stormed towards him breathlessly. Suddenly a wicked thought crossed his mind and he pulled Nisha in his embrace  as soon as she reached to him. She gasped at his sudden movement and started to protest only to have her words swallowed in his kiss. He felt her melting against him, her resistance crumbled as she moaned in his mouth, kissing him back with equal passion. He could feel Aaron glaring at him but as Nisha melted in his kiss, he heard Aaron's defeated sigh and retreating footsteps. He Slowly broke away from their kiss, satisfied that his point has been proven, only to be slapped harshly on his shoulder. 

"What the hell was that Nick? In front of Aaron?"

Nisha asked angrily. He liked the sight of her, cheeks flushed , lips swollen by their heated kiss and eyes ablaze with angry fire.

"You weren't complaining few moments back."

"Ohh don't be an ass Nick. You and I both know what this was about."

"Is that so; do tell me what this was all about?"

"Nick , this was you making some stupid point of yours, that kiss was like you trying to mark your territory. Anyways we can have this fight later, can we please leave right now? i have to tell you something very important"

"Ok ,we can leave now. I'll let Eros know about it and then if D is also ready to leave then we'll drop her to the airport on our way back home or I'll tell someone to pick her up. "

"No need of that. I already told Eros that we are leaving and he was very generous and offered D a ride back to the airport. Eros is also leaving tonight."

"Well, looks like you have already sorted out everything. Lets take our leave then."

He lead Nisha in ballroom again, soon after thanking their host for a beautiful evening they took their leave. 

A ride back home was silent as both of them were lost in their own thoughts. As they reach home Nisha told him to get changed and meet her in T.V room as she wanted to show him something. 

He took a quick shower and changed into his nightclothes. 

He nocked on Nisha's door ,hoping to get a word with her in her room instead of going down in T.V room. After waiting for few seconds when he opened the door only to find it empty.