Chapter28

hey guys i know this one is short but still exams are going on and might rewrite it. so enjoy and plz let me know what you think about it. and plz vote,comment and share

****************************************************************************************************

He sat back patiently as she fidgeted with her fingers, she sighed and looked up at him and started,

"I still remember the day I met Charles, It was my third day in New York and I was standing at his door steps. Actually, I was supposed to live with my relatives In New York but due to some circumstances, I had to move out. My aunt met Charles In a book club and he had told her that he was looking for a tenant but it was sort of paying guest kind of arrangement, he was offering only one room in his house but wanted someone nice. When I had to move out, she told me about him. Rent was cheap and she said he was good man so I decided to try it. I went to his place and he welcomed me warmly. We strike a friendship on first day itself. Before any of us could realise we held a special place in each other's heart.

You know Charles and me; we had a special bond, we loved the same sports, movies, food and almost everything. It was always me and Charles against Mariette; she used to scold us like anything. Always saying that we were kids whenever we were together. In the era of phones and e-mails we used to write letters to each other."

He arched his eyebrow questioningly, and she gave a small sad laugh,

"Yeah, one day I was very upset, it was not easy to be a kind of outsider in an unknown country. I was not talking to anyone that day, locked myself in my room so Charles pushed a letter through my door and that started a tradition of writing letter to each other, every time when we wanted to say something to each other, which we were not able to we, used to write it down.

I have many letters of him, which helped me to coup up with their deaths. He was like a father to me. He taught me how to dance, how to cook and more than that how to fight. When that Incidence happened, he was very upset that was the first and the last time I saw him that angry and he decided that I need to learn to defend myself. He pulled me out of my traumatic state and gave me lessons of kickboxing. He used to stay up all night when I used to get nightmares. He used to cuddle me and sing me a lullaby to sleep. I had shut myself out of the world, I became workaholic but he pulled me out of that phase. Taught me how to live life.

I have many things in my past Nick, I do not believe in love, fairytales but he and Mariette knew all of them, and yet they loved me like their own child. I still remember how he used to jump out of the alleyways to sharpen my fighting Instincts, how we three used to dance all night. We used to have movie nights. I was his sweetheart and he was my Charlie.

He wanted a fairytale life for me, always saying that one day my prince charming would come and whisk me off my feet. I always told him I wanted him to be like Charlie or nobody else. He was not my landlord he was my father. Moreover, I was not even able to attend his funeral. I cannot forgive myself for that but I will complete his last wish. No matter what adjustments I have to do. I know you had Issues with him but he loved you a lot and I know you did too, I used to hate you for leaving him alone but I know you must have your reasons but he missed you a lot. As I miss him now you also miss him right. "

She looked down with teary eyes, Nick expected her to burst into tears but she fought them off. He admired her strength and her courage. He had seen girls crying just to gain some sympathy but not her. She would not break that easily. He got off his chair and closed the distance between them. She looked up at him with the questioning eyes. Before he could think twice about his action he took her I his arms. He felt her stiffen in his arms and moments later, she relaxed. They sat there for what felt like ages embracing each other. Soothing each other's sorrow.