For my sake

"My mother abandoned me! Disowned me! What on earth is she doing here?!" Anne cried as she paced around Richard's study with Marian "Yes, Richard, what is she doing here?" The Duchess asked, a cold glare in her eyes

"Yes, Richard, what is she doing here?" The Duchess asked, a cold glare in her eyes.

"George was planing to snatch her from the abbey" the Duke replied calmly "he thinks that just because he holds the title Earl of Warwick, he is entitled to all of your mothers fortune"
"So to stop George snatching her, you have done so!" Anne shouted. Marian leaned back on the desk, not knowing what to say.

"You do not need to see her, you do not even need to know that she is here, she is my prisoner, under guard." When Anne turned away, Richard continued "I brought her here for your sake"
"For my sake?" The girl repeated "for my sake?"

She looked between Marian and Richard, Marian nodded at her and Anne exited the room, shaking her head and sighing.

"Why did you keep this from me..." Marian asked once Anne was gone, her voice failing to conceal even the smallest trace of anger. When Richard didn't answer she asked again, her voice rising "why did you keep this from me, Richard?"
He looked up at her
"Because I knew you would object" Marian scoffed loudly.

"And so that is the excuse from keeping things from your wife, the wife you claimed that you loved only last night! Last night where we were together until the early hours of the morning and all the while you were acting behind my back!" She cried "you have deceived me"

"I have not deceived you!" Richard replied, sounding slightly impatient as he reached for her arm but she moved away, stepping back
"Oh but you have, Richard! You have deceived me and Anne as well! How could you do that! You have deceived everyone at Middleham with your act!"

"I have no-" he began. Marian's eyes widened
"So others did know..." she whispered, staring at her husband as if she did not know him "why have you done this? I always thought...I always knew, that you understood the meaning of loyalty...yet it seems" she paused "I don't know what it seems..."

"Marian..." Richard started again. But before he could utter another word, Marian had already left, closing the door loudly behind her. Richard sighed and slumped down behind his desk, his head in his hands.

Walking down the corridor to Edmund's nursery, Marian saw Harry
"Marian!" He called in greeting, a greeting she ignored, stopping in front of him angrily
"Did you know about Anne's mother coming here? Is that why you asked for Richard?"
"I-I" Harry stammered. Marian glared at him.
"No need to finish, Lord Buckingham" she said "I now have my answer"

He cast his eyes downward in remorse and was about to carry in walking, but the Duchess grabbed his arm roughly
"Who else knew of the plan" she demanded
"No one!" He relied quickly "no one, but Richard and I. I was not even supposed to know...I happened upon the plan by complete accident"