The loss of one so innocent

The ship rocked from side to side as the storm grew and grew

"This is a witch's wind...I am sure of it" Isabel whispered.
"Look how we have the best cabin!" Anne said, trying to lighten the mood, we were never allowed it before!"

Isabel began to groan, clutching her belly
"It's just a few big waves, Issy"
"Annie...Annie...ANNIE!" Isabel shouted, pulling up her skirts and letting out a cry as she saw blood dripping down her legs. "Annie, the baby's coming! Mother! Marian! The baby's coming!"

Marian burst through the doors of the cabin, quickly followed by countess Warwick and Meg. Water crashed through the windows as the waves became higher and the waves, heavier.
"Get linen for her, quickly!" The countess ordered and Anne and Meg ran from the cabin.
"It's okay Isabel, everything is going to be okay" Marian said gently, trying to calm the older girl. "You will get through this, you will have your baby!"

Anne and Meg soon returned, swaying as the ship moved, arms filled with linen and a bottle of wine.
"How long until we are in Calais?"
"Father says we are sailing into it now! George tells me Issy shall have the best physician in France!"

Suddenly a the loud sound of chains filled that air. Percy, who was still in Marian's cabin began to bark loudly.
"What's happening?" Isabel cried lying on the bed, clutching at the sheets in pain. "What's that noise?"
"They've raised the harbour chain" Marian whispered, worry for her friend rising within her
"They stay loyal to Edward!"
"Oh no..." Isabel groaned "my baby..."
Another wave crashed through the windows, soaking everyone in the room and flooding the already damp floors.

The sound of a distant cannon was heard and a second later a huge cannon ball hit the water beside the ship. Meg let out a small scream before embracing Anne who had begun to cry and scream as well. Isabel let out a violent shriek, now clutching the headboard of the bed. Marian climbed up beside her, bringing her back to the middle of the bed and siting behind her, giving Isabel some support

"Not long now, Isabel" she said to the older girl, "not long now..." Marian looked at Countess Warwick who was examining Isabel, she could tell something was wrong. "What is is?" She shouted over the wind and rain "what's wrong?!"
"The baby is stuck..." the countess said turning to Anne who was now sobbing. "You will have to turn it...you have the smallest hands..."
"No...no..." Anne whimpered. Isabel let out another scream, digging into Marian's hands with her nails and causing her to cry out in pain as well.

"You have to put them inside her and try and turn the baby"
"No, mother, please!" Anne cried
"The child is stuck!" Countess Warwick shouted "If you love your sister you will do it!"
"Please, Marian, I don't want to die" Isabel said weakly, turning her head to the side "please, don't let me die..." Marian held onto Isabel tightly, now crying herself, praying with all her might for it to be over, for Isabel to be okay, for her and her child to live.
"Don't worry, Isabel, it will all be over soon. You will not die...you will not die"