Chapter 32

"Well I've been doing research Luna and there isn't any records of mates ever claiming to feel each other's pain." Jonas said frustrated. For the past two hours he and I have had our heads buried in books researching the archives looking for something that could tell my why my mate was feeling my pain. I ran my hand through my hair equally frustrated.

"Maybe...maybe it a Guardian Wolf thing?" I said. Jonas nodded replacing his archive book with his laptop. "While you do that, I am going to ask someone who was actually around in the time of the first Guardians. Celestria and Collin." Jonas nodded engrossed in his research and I left. I wandered through the small village slowly making my way from Jonas's house to the pack house letting my heightened nose guide me. I could tell the twins apart from everyone because they had the certain smells of the herbs that hung around their necks. I found Celestria curled up next to Kale in the living room watching some show filled with shirtless teenagers.

"Babe the wolves in this show are so unfair to the rest of us!" Kale complained. "They make it seem as though we are senseless creatures that only care about eating people and biting vampires. And the fact that we only shift on the full moon is bogus!"

"Shhhh!" Celestria hissed. "I don't watch it for the story line. I watch it because Ian Somerhalder walks around shirtless all the time."

"Mine!" Kale growled switching the TV off and pulling his mate close. Celestria giggled. I smiled at their display of affection and decided against bothering them. I searched the house and found Collin in Hazel's room. I knocked a couple times and Hazel answered the door already dressed in her PJ's.

"Hazel...its only 7:30." I said with a laugh. She smiled and shrugged.

"What can I do ya for Ari?"

"Well I need to speak with Collin. It's about my wolf." She nodded and opened the door wider allowing me access. I entered her room and found Collin lying on her bed in black sweat pants. When I came in he sat up and Hazel sat in front of him covering his body with hers. I smiled at her wolfs possessiveness. No one ever thought she would have a wolf and here she is now with a wolf and a mate.

"How can I help you? I am not very knowledgeable about the wolf anatomy." Collin said leaning forward and placing his chin on her shoulder.

"Well...I need to know if you know anything about the Guardians? You and your sister were alive during their time right?"

"Yes. We knew one of the wolves. Katerina." He answered.

"As in the Katerina that defeated Viktor?! Anja's last human?" I said, my eyes nearly popping out of my head.

"Well...yeah...I knew her before she was that Katerina though. My sister and I were living in St. Petersburg in 1530 and we met a young girl who had just lost her last living family member to illness. When we met her she was only 6. My dear sister, being as kind hearted as she is, decided we could take the girl with us. She lived with us for years traveling. She was the little sister Celestria never had. When Kat turned 12 she shifted for the first time and we found out she was a wolf. We felt as though we couldn't care for her as well as a pack could so we took her back to her hometown and left her with a pack that had formed outside its town. A few years later we heard about the wolf Viktor stirring up trouble around where we left Kat and we decided to go back and check on her. We got there a week before she fought Viktor and died." He said.

"Did she have a mate?" I asked him.

"Yes...his name was Luca. I hated him but Kat was head-over-heals in love with him. I didn't get it at first...how she could have met a guy and two days later be willing to give her life for him but now...I get it." He pulled Hazel closer to him and relaxed slightly.

"This is going to sound weird but...did he...did he feel her pain?"

"Yes...how did you know that? He was a warrior for his pack and he was supposed to take part in the fight against Viktor's men but suddenly he doubled over in pain and started screaming about wounds that weren't there. Celeste was in the battle with Kat and she told me that Kat had the same wounds Luca complained of." He explained.

"And after....after Katerina died?"

"Luca died shortly after her. Maybe and hour. Celeste was on her way to tell us she had passed when Luca just passed out and never woke up." His words took my breath away. I was ready to die if I had to in order to stop Daniel but...Sebastian? I couldn't risk him dying for me. Hazel sensed my distress and came forward to hug me.

"Calm down you're hyperventilating." She said. "Take deep breaths. Everything will be alright."

"No...no it won't." I said trying to catch my breath. "Thank you for your time Collin." I said before exiting the room. It was around dinner time but I really didn't feel like eating, so I went to The room I shared with Sebastian and climbed under the covers. I tried to sleep but restlessness settled over me and I found myself pacing. At first it was pacing in human form then in wolf. The only sounds coming fro the room was that tapping of my claws against the wood flooring. Eventually I got tired of that and settled on skillfully clicking on the TV with my paw and flipping through the channels. I settled on a sappy Hallmark movie that I didn't really watch. I curled up on the bed in my wolf form and put my head on Sebastian's pillow letting his scent settle me. I tried to wait up for Sebastian but he was taking too long but I couldn't keep my eyes open. I stayed in my wolf form because my senses were higher and my mates heavenly scent was even more pungent as if he was sitting right beside me. I tried to fight fatigue but eventually I lost the battle and the darkness pulled me under.