Chapter 39

Sebastian growled once more before lunging at Daniel knocking him away from me. Daniel flew against a wall and slid to the floor slowly unconscious. When Sebastian no longer thought he was a threat he turned to me and started inspecting my wounds. He saw me and whined. He nudged my hand with his cold nose then licked the side of my face. I shook my head and motioned to Sammie. Sebastian nodded and gave me one last worried look before starting, cautiously, towards the terrified boy. At the sight of the large black wolf Sammie whimpered and started to back up.

"No Sammie, it's Daddy." I said weakly. Sammie looked from the large wolf, to me, then back again. He nodded and let Sebastian sniff him, checking for injuries. Once Sebastian found he had none, he turned back to me and started looking over my wounds. I sighed and sat up slowly whimpering in pain causing Sebastian to whimper as well. I smiled at him showing that I was fine and held my hands up showing him the chains.

"Can you...." I began but before I could finish Sebastian shifted back and ripped the chains from my wrists. Once I was free I was pulled into Sebastian's strong arms and despite the pain I smiled widely.

"Are you alright?" He asked in a panicked voice.

"I'll live." I said quietly.

"Let's get you out of here." He said. I nodded and began to stand with his help. He reached for me but I shook him off.

"I can walk. Sammie can't. Carry him." I wheezed. Sebastian nodded reluctantly and picked up the traumatized boy. I started towards the door and Sebastian followed. Just before I got to the door though Daniel jumped up out of nowhere and grabbed me. I screamed and thrashed against him but Daniel was stronger than me at the moment.

"Let her go Daniel! My pack has won! You will lose this fight." Sebastian snarled. Daniel snarled in return.

"If I die she does too." He said. I felt something prick against my neck and gasped as blood trickled down. Daniel had a knife. He raised the knife above our heads. It was then I realized that he intended to drive it into our hearts killing us both. I looked down from the knife to my mate and pup. Tears welled up in my eyes and spilled over as I waited for the death I knew was coming. He was shaking with fear and rage. Daniel fake jabbed the knife down tauntingly causing Sebastian to jump with the movement of the knife. "Daniel don't. You of all people should know what it feels like to lose a mate. Why would you want anyone else to go through that?" Sebastian pleaded trying to find a way to save me but I knew the outcome of this. I knew the only way for anyone to get out of this.

"I love you Sebastian." I whispered. Tears filled my mates eyes.

"No please." He whispered, broken.

"Kill the luna, kill the pack." Daniel whispered. "If I can't take your pack down while alive then I'll do it from the grave!" He said louder before driving the dagger downwards towards my heart.