Chapter 4

"Papa?" I asked hoarsely. The man froze for a minutes but shook it off and began walking towards my mate.

"What is wrong with her Peter?" My mate asked.

"She is scared, Alpha. There is no telling what the savages at Blood Moon did to her or how long she has been there." He turned back to me. "Can you tell us your name?"

"Papa it's me Arina!" I insisted. Why wouldn't he believe me? Doesn't he recognize me? I looked up at him. He was staring at me with a strange look in his eyes. When my mate cleared his throat the man jumped and turned to him.

"She needs to go back to her bed." My father said before turning and walking down the hallway. Frantically I rose to my feet and began running after him despite my pain. Before I could grab him I was pulled back into a strong chest. In a panic I screamed and thrashed trying to break the hold of my captor. The sight of my father disappearing down the hallway made my panic rise higher.

"Prosto skazhite mne, yesli ya spas Alexsandr! (Just tell me if I saved Alexandr!)" I screamed after him. The father spun around again with a shocked look in his eye.

"What did you say?" He asked slowly coming towards me.

"Did I save him?" I asked again in English. Tears welled up in my eyes. When he got to me he looked me in the eyes and nodded. Tears streamed down his face as he dropped down to his knees. Murmuring "She's alive. She's alive." Over and over again. I tried to drop down in front of him but my mate arms prevented me from moving. After he realized my intentions he let me go. As soon as I was released I dropped down to the floor and wrapped my arms around my father.

After what seemed like hours my father had finally stopped crying. After crushing me to his chest he picked me up and carried me back to my room. The whole way he kept saying my mother and siblings would be so happy to see me again. When we finally got to my room he set me on the bed and ran out of the room saying, "I must find Nadiya. I must find your mother." After about ten minutes of waiting I was startled by my father running into the room pulling a women with him. The women looked exactly like my mother but older. More depressed.

"It is her Nadiya! It is really her!" He said pushing her towards me. When her eyes landed on me she gasped and put her hand over her mouth.

"Mama?" I whispered. After a while when it finally seemed to sink in she broke out on sobs and ran to my bed.

"I never thought I would see you again!" She sobbed into my shoulder. "When Alexander came running out of the forest without you, claiming a mean man had taken you, I felt like I couldn't breath." I hugged her back and sobbed with her. I heard the sound of multiple people running into the room and looked up to see a girl and boy both looking at my mother with shocked expressions. Realization flashed in the girls eyes and she gasped.

"Ari?" she asked. When I nodded she smiled and ran to the other side of my bed. When she saw the questioning look I was giving her she smiled wider. "It's me, Bepa." When she said this it all clicked. I could see parts of the old Vera still there. The beautiful green eyes and the long blonde hair she got from our mother. I looked from her to the boy and realized he was Alexandr. He still had the same shade of blonde as Vera and my mother. I didn't look like either of them with my long chocolate brown hair and blue eyes I got from our father. Alexandr smiled and walked to the foot of my bed.

"Hello cectpa. It's been awhile." He said with a smile.

"Alexandr? You've gotten so big! How old are you now?" I laughed. My mother pulled away and walked to my father who was smiling down at me.

"I'm 13, thanks to you." He replied before walking around and sitting in the chair beside my bed. Vera had already taken the spot on the bed.

"They never really wanted you." I whispered mostly to myself. My mother looked like she was about to say something but thought better of it and leaned against my father with an ecstatic smile on her face. I smiled and took the hands of my siblings before closing my eyes and leaning my head back against the pillow. Exhaustion flowed through my entire body. Seeing this, my father sighed and came towards my bed taking a syringe out of his pocket.

"She needs to rest." He said while injecting the drugs into the I.V. My family nodded and all took turns kissing my forehead before walking out of the room. Just before I fell asleep I smelt the delicious scent of fresh rain water and pine trees enter the room.

"Please be okay." I heard a soft voice whisper.