Chapter 43

I felt the power surge through my body. It started in my stomach then traveled down my legs all the way to my toes. It then traveled back up my body all the way up to my head. Once it touched to very top of my head it quickly shot back down and into my hands. As soon as passed from me to Daniel he started screaming in agony. He tried to stand and move out of my grasp but the power pushed him into the ground. Ignoring his screams I pushed the power into his head and searched for his wolf. Jakob was hard to find after years of being pushed back but after a minute I found him.

Oh thank the Goddess! I thought you would not find me! Jakob said.

"Do you know what I have to do?" I asked him.

Yes.

"You know it will be extremely painful?"

Yes.

"Then let's begin." I said before firmly grasping onto him. Once I had a good grip I tugged. Jakob whimpered. He was stuck in his spot very tight. Well this wasn't supposed to be easy! I scolded myself. I took a deep breath and pulled harder. I pulled with everything I had. I used all my strength. When the wolf moved slightly I sighed in relief.

Jakob! I know you are in pain but if you want it to end you are going to have to help. Anja said sternly.

How? Jakob whimpered.

Push against Daniel. Take control! She urged. After her words I felt a little pressure loosen. Jakob was fighting back. Slowly he started to slip from his spot. After what seemed like hours Jakob was finally free. I was exhausted. I felt like giving up but I knew if I did Jakob and Daniel would both die along with myself.

You are almost done. Just take the power in as you pushed it out. Keep your hold on Jakob until the last possible second, then, as you exit his body, let Jakob go. His subconscious will over power Daniel's and let him take control. Anja instructed me.

"Okay." I replied hesitantly. I took one last deep breath before giving Jakob one last hard tug. As I pulled the power back into my body I pulled Jakob with me. As I felt the power leaving Daniel's body I released Jakob. As the power settled into my body exhaustion swept over me. I slumped against the wall in utter exhaustion. Just as I got settled the door to the cell blew open. After that everything happened fast. I was wrenched away from my spot by Daniel's body and pulled into the strong arms of my mate. Sebastian dug his nose into my neck, near my mark, and breathed in my scent, no doubt calming his wolf. When he was calm enough he stepped away from me and grabbed my hand, trying to pull me out of the cell.

"Wait!" I gasped. "Let me see if he made it!" Sebastian stopped pulling and looked back at me in confusion.

"Who?"

"Jakob."

"Who is Jakob?" Sebastian growled, getting frustrated.

"Jakob is Daniel's wolf. I...I performed a Separation." I said quietly. Everyone in the room gasped in shock.

"A Separation?" Sebastian asked in disbelief. "But that could have killed you."

"I know. But I had to do it. Jakob didn't deserve to die alone in a cage. As a guardian it's my job to make sure all wolves are treated fairly." I said weakly. Every muscle in my body screamed in protest as I pushed off my mate and towards Daniel's limp form. I fell to my knees in front of him and grabbed his face in my hands. I heard Sebastian growl behind me but I ignored him.

"Jakob? Jakob are you okay?" I asked but no response came. "Jakob! Wake up! Anja why isn't he waking up? Did I do something wrong?" I asked my wolf aloud.

"No...my...luna. You...you've done nothing wrong. I-I am fine." Jakob said weakly before slowly peeling his eyes open.

"It worked? Oh-my-goddess it worked!" I said astonished. Jakob smiled then pushed himself in a sitting position. He then looked passed me at Sebastian who was just as astonished as I was.

"I would like to apologize for everything my human did. After Beth died he locked me away. I had no control over him but now, thanks to your mate, I am free. After 15 long years, I am free."

"What are you going to do now?" I asked him.

"I shall go back to Blood Moon, My Luna. I must fix what Daniel has done to the once peaceful pack." Jakob explained.

"But you're not strong enough yet."

"He can stay here." Sebastian said before helping me to my feet. "Well not here of course. In the infirmary until he gains his strength back." I smiled and leaned back against my mate. Jakob thanked him graciously before two guards helped him out of the room. Sebastian and I were silent until the only sounds within a mile were the beating of our own hearts and the air entering and exiting our lungs. Sebastian pulled my into his arms then slide down the wall until we were both sitting, me on top of him.

"I'm sorry." I said after a couple, unbearable minutes of silence. Sebastian sighed.

"For what?"

"For putting my life in danger. I know if you locked me up and went to put yourself in danger I would be furious. You have the right to be. I understand. I-I just wanted to make sure you knew that I was sorry. It's not like I want to die. I just have a responsibility to the Moon Goddess and I-"

"Ari?"

"-have to do my duty. I am the only one powerful enough t-"

"Ari?"

"-o do what she needs.  Please you have to for-"

"Ari!" Sebastian said louder, slightly shaking me.

"-give me."

"What?"

"I. Forgive. You." He said again. "I am an Alpha of a pack of werewolves. In our world danger is around every corner. Especially for an alpha. Rouges, wars, hunters. My life is never certain. You are a part of an ancient wolf race made by the goddess to protect wolfkind. Your life is never certain. We just have to take this one day at a time. Being mad at each other wastes the little time we could have. You've just gotta promise me that you will fight every minute of everyday to make it so we can see eachother again."

"I promise."