Chapter 17

"You were about 2 weeks along." Jonas said from his spot at the end of the bed. "The uh....fetus was believed to be of Alpha decent so it was growing faster. If you were human it would have been at about 8 weeks. We believe the stress of running away from your captures, shifting, and finding out your....special caused your loss."

"So she will be alright?" My mother asked.

"Yes." Jonas said. I pulled the blanket closer to my body and slowly shifted onto my side, facing away from everyone. I planned on never telling anyone what I went through at Blood Moon. I wanted to spare them the gory details. But I guess everything's out in the open now. Sebastian hadn't said a word to me since I'd woken up from surgery. He'd sat in the corner of the room staring out the window. Not that I tried to start a conversation. There is no way he would want me as a mate now! I am dirty, used, broken, damaged good. Who wants that?

"She needs to stay here over-night for evaluation but after that she should be able to leave." Jonas said before quietly exiting the room. After that my mother and father stayed for hours, trying to start conversations. Trying to get me to talk. Upon realizing all I would give them was one syllable answers, my mother suggested letting me rest and they said their goodbyes before leaving as well. After they were gone, a heavy silence filled the room. Sebastian and I sat like that for what seemed like forever before he finally spoke up.

"How many times?" He said. "How many times did he..."

"Rape me?" I said bluntly. "I lost count. It wasn't just him, it was most of the higher ups. He was just the first. It started when I was 12. I didn't shift so I was designated an omega. They couldn't exact ally kick me out. They did kidnap me after all. In Blood Moon it common for the higher ups to bed the omega women. Granted they usually wait until they are 16 or 17 but I guess I was special." I said bitterly.

"When was the last time?" He asked quietly.

"The night I left." I said. "One of Daniels younger daughters, Emma, fell while playing. Daniel was nursing a hangover and very agitated. He went to hit her and I jumped in front of her and took the hit. She's only 4. A hit like that would have probably killed her. Daniel tried to go after her again so I threw a lamp at him and hit him in the head. So he dragged me up stairs and well....I guess you can put the pieces together. I woke up in a pool of my own blood, but I was completely healed. Then Adira spoke to me. She told me to escape. That my mate and my family were waiting for me. I sat for hours pulling nails out of my window. At one point, Trystan, the gamma's son, came to see if I was still alive or to rape me and I stuck a nail through his eye. He fell and knocked himself out. I think I killed him. I just left him there to bleed out while I pulled the rest of the nails out and jumped out the window." I finished my story only to be met with silence. Tears welled up in my eyes. Maybe he was disgusted with me. Maybe he wanted nothing to do with me and would give me back to Blood Moon. Sebastian's chair suddenly screeched and in a moment he was standing in front of my wiping me tears.

"That will never happen to you again. Not while I'm alive." He said. I unconsciously leaned into his hands.

"So...you still want me?"

"I will always want you." He answered. And suddenly the dam broke. Sobs racked my body as he took me into his arms. "You're my mate and I love you." He whispered into my hair. "Now get some rest. You're exhausted." He said gently pushing me against the pillow. He got up to leave but I grabbed his hand. Confused, he turned to face me. I moved over in the bed and pointed towards the spot next to me.

"Please?" I asked quietly. He smiled and quickly took his shoes and shirt off before sliding under the covers next to me. I sighed and snuggled against his hard chest. His arms wrapped around me making me feel like I was in a blanket of warmth and protection. After awhile his gentle snore and the rhythmic beating of my heart monitor were the only sounds in the room. Exhaustion washed over me and soon I was tugged into darkness.