Chapter 28

"Wake up, love." Sebastian's voice said pulling me into consciousness. I opened my eyes to see I was in a room with a stark white ceiling. I felt pressure on my arm and turned my head to see Sebastian at my side looking down at me with concern etched in his features. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. Just a headache."

"And how are your ribs, Luna?" Jonas asked from my other side. "Do they hurt?"

"Only when I breathe." I half-heartedly joked. Jonas gave me a sympathetically look while Sebastian growled and held my hand tighter.

"Do you want any pain killers?" My mate asked. I shook my head.

"I'm fine. Can I please leave?" I asked Jonas. He gave me a startled look then looked up at Sebastian.

"Y-yes I suppose." He said hesitantly. "I just need to insist you take it easy until at least tomorrow when your ribs have healed. I think it would be best if you stay with her the rest of the day Alpha. Now that you have marked her she can draw from your strength to heal faster and you will be able feel if she is in pain." Sebastian nodded and slowly helped me off the bed. Thankfully I was still in the clothes I had gone to the mall in, even though they were shredded enough to never be used again.

"By the way Luna, I think you hair is beautiful." Jonas said before leaving us alone. I looked towards Sebastian in panic. Was my hair still different? Were my eyes still freaky?

"They haven't changed back?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"No. I think it's time to talk to Celestria." He said. I nodded. I tried to walk on my own but my ribs protested so Sebastian ended up carrying me piggy-back style to the house. We exited the infirmary into the garden were the beautiful statue of Luna resided. As we passed it I smiled up to my stone goddess and mouthed the words, Thank You to her for giving me my mate. At this point I was shocked at how I reacted when I first met Sebastian. I was terrified he would hurt me but now I realize he would never hurt me. He was my mate. My complete other half. My perfect puzzle piece. The person made for me. He would love me unconditionally no matter what happened in my past. I smiled to myself and snuggled my head into Sebastian's neck. I took a deep breath and breathed in his intoxicating scent. The smells of fresh pine, rainwater, and Axe cologne that I found enticing.

"I love you Sebastian." I said into his ear. I could literally feel his smile.

"I love you too, my little mate." He replied causing a smile to spread on my face as well.

****************************************************************************************************************

We entered the house to find my mother and father, Celestria and Lucas, Hazel and Collin, and Frannie and Thomas sitting in the living room waiting for us. When we came through the door with me on my mate's back everyone of them broke out into a smile. Not liking the attention I jumped off Sebastian's back and crossed my arms making myself small by habit. My mother shot off the couch and came towards me with my father hot on her trail.

"Your hair!" She said gently running a stray strand through her hand. "Oh and your eyes! They are so beautiful!" She said jumping up and down like an excited child. My father just smiled.

"Why don't you tell us how that happened." Celestria said coldly from the corner she was sitting in. My mother turned to her and gave a confused look.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"She is part witch. And a witch comes from a witch. You have witch in your ancestry. And a powerful line of witches at that. From the power coming off her the line has been unbroken since before my time." She explained. My mother frowned.

"How?" My mother began.

"I am a witch. So is Collin. We were born over 600 years ago. I can spot a witch." My mothers face fell. "You haven't always been a wolf have you?"

"No. I haven't. I was born into a family of witches." My mother confessed. My breath hitched.

"What?" Vera and I said at the exact same time. My mother looked at us with regret in her eyes.

"Maybe we should all sit?" Frannie said. We all nodded and everyone sat back in their places. All that was left was a recliner so Sebastian plopped down in the seat dragging me down onto his lap. I blushed and he smiled. Both of our parents gave us proud smiles.

"Alright so the story?" Celestria said ruining the moment. I rolled my eyes at her coldness and snuggled closer to my mate.

"Right. So I was born into a family of witches. Ever since they became witches sometime in the 1200s my father's side of the family stressed their children only marrying powerful witches to keep the bloodlines pure and powerful. When I was 15 I met your father and found he was my mate. Ever since I was a child I had already had my marriage arranged but he was my mate and I couldn't leave him so I left my family. I took my father's spell book and did a ritual to trade in all of my powers for a wolf. I was the most powerful in my family so I had just enough power to do this. We lived as mates for years and I didn't think I had any power left but when Vera was 5 and I was pregnant with Ari I took Vera to the park and she fell off the slide. I was so scared. She busted her head open and there was blood everywhere. I panicked and on instinct I casted a spell. And it worked. I healed her. But after I healed her I got really weak. I think...that when I used my magick it went into Ari." By the end of the story my mother was tearing up. My father was rubbing her back in small circles trying to comfort her and it seemed to be working.

"Then why wasn't I born with different hair and eyes?" I asked her.

"You were." She answered. "When I saw it, we went to a witch and she put up a wall to suppress your powers."

"Honestly, had the goddess not gifted you with one, you should have never gotten a wolf. Half-breeds can never happen. Scientifically speaking, each different type of supernatural creature is a different species. It is impossible for two different species to create a successful offspring. It would be like a dog and a cat getting together. They could never procreate. The only reason your mother and I were able to was because she was willing to give up her powers in order to be with me." My father explained. My heart dropped. Does that mean my mate and I could never have children?

"I don't understand." I said in a small voice. "That can't be true! I was-Daniel got me-I was pregnant when I came here!"

"Yes but you had a miscarriage that almost killed you." My father said. Tears welled up in my eyes.

"That's a risk I'm willing to take." I said defiantly. Sebastian stiffened under me.

"Well I'm not!" He growled. I sighed. I turned to look him in the eye.

"But...your an Alpha. You need heirs."

"I would gladly give my title up for you." More tears came forward. I don't deserve this. I don't deserve him. Not wanting to let the other see me cry I dug my face into Sebastain's shoulder and let him wrap his arms around me in a comforting manner. I knew the others could hear my silent sobs and they could smell the salty tears coming from my eyes but I didn't care. I just let my weakness show. I let my mate comfort me as I sobbed into his chest over something I would never have.