Chapter 42

As soon as I opened my eyes the blinding light made me close them again. I heard a gasp from beside me then felt a familiar tingle travel up my arm causing me to smile. I opened my eyes again to find my mate standing above me with a concerned look in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I tried to ask but all that came out was a croak. My dry throat started to burn and a pained look cross Sebastian's face.

"What is it Ari?" He asked frantically.

"W-water." I said weakly. Sebastian nodded then flashed into the bathroom before returning with a glass filled with water. He held my head up and gently pushed the glass against my lips. The cool liquid quenched the burning in my throat immediately. I quickly gulped down the entire glass causing Sebastian to chuckle. When it was empty he set it down on the bedside table and smiled down at me.

"How do you feel?" He asked.

"I feel...I feel...tired." I answered honestly. "I am exhausted but I don't think I could sleep another minute. Speaking of which when was the last time you slept?" Dark purple bag rested under his eyes making me cringe.

"About a week ago." He said in a quiet voice. I felt my eyes widen and heard my heart moniter speed up.

"A week? I've been out that long?" I practically yelled. Sebastian sighed then set down beside me. He took my cold hands in his warm ones and squeezed them.

"Love, you've been in a coma for over 6 weeks." He said. I gasped and tried to speak but he shook his head asking to continue. I nodded and let him. "After you passed out I had the doctors run tests to see why you were still sleeping. Turns out you were bleeding into your brain. Anja put you in a coma so that you could heal. They said that you needed to rest and heal. There was nothing anyone could do. I haven't left your side." He explained making my heart squeeze in my chest.

"Sammie? My family?"

"They come to visit every day around 4." He answered.

"What time is it?"

"10:45 but don't worry. I've already told them that you're awake. They are headed this way." He said.

Daniel. Anja reminded me.

We both aren't strong enough for that yet.

The Goddess is going to lend us her power but we need to do this as soon as possible. I nodded and, much to Sebastian's displeasure, pushed myself up into a sitting position. I started pulling all of the needles from my body until my mate grabbed my hands and pushing them down to my sides.

"Are you crazy? What are you doing?" He practically yelled. I sighed and shook his hands off mine.

"I am not finished yet." I said. He gave me a confused look. "While I was sleeping Luna told me what I needed to do with Daniel. I need to finish what I started."

"Finish what you started? You've already fought him and that nearly cost you your life. Daniel is locked away in our cellars and he will stay there for the rest of his life. You will never see him again. Not while I'm alive!" Sebastian said frantically. I shook my head.

"I have no choice. If I don't go willingly then eventually Anja will do it." I said but the look in his eyes told me he still wouldn't let me go. "I'm sorry." I whispered.

"For what?"

"This." I said before drawing my power forward. Once I felt it I point to my mate and, as gently as I could, pushed him up against the wall. He growled in protest and thrashed against his invisible restraints but there was no way for him to get out of this.