Chapter 38

After hours in the cold cellar Sammie finally dosed off with his head in my lap. I gently stroked his blonde curls to soothe him as he slept and tried to call out to Anja. After about 10 minutes of silence I gave up and decided to get some sleep. As soon as I closed my eyes the door to the cellar shot open, causing Sammie and I both to jolt awake. Men started to pour into the room. I pulled Sammie behind me and crouched into a protective stance. With or without Anja I would protect my pup with my life. Eventually, after about 20 men filed into the room, Daniel came strolling in with a cocky smirk on his face.

"Hello sweetheart. Its been awhile." He said. He came closer and I growled. "Oh fiesty. Looks like you've forgotten everything we've taught you. Looks like we are going to have to fix that. Who is the boy?" He was close enough to reach out and touch me but kept his hands at his sides.

"You won't touch him you bastard!" I snarled. Suddenly I felt a familiar pain lace through my face. The impact of Daniel's fist caused me to fly to the side. Sammie screamed and dropped to my side.

"Do not forget who you are little girl! I am still your Alpha!" He screamed down at me.

"No you aren't!" I screamed back. I spit out the blood that filled my mouth and stood up. "I am no longer afraid of you. You are pathetic!" Daniel's eyes turned black and he shook in anger.

"You forget your place Arina! You no longer have a wolf! I pumped you so full of wolfsbane you will never hear from it again!" He said in a low voice. I laughed causing his eyes to darken even more.

"If my wolf is really gone then why have you brought so many body guards Daniel? Afraid of a little girl?" I said standing tall. Standing up to the man that had tortured me for so many years. I no longer felt the fear I had when I was younger. Daniel's eyes turned pure black. He flicked his hand towards the door telling the others to leave.

"Alpha are you sure?" Markus said.

"Go!" He screamed. All of the wolves bowed their heads in respect and scurried out of the room leaving just Daniel, Sammie, and me. Daniel started to shake indicating his wolf was close to coming forward. I shoved Sammie further behind me and called out for Anja. I felt her stir and internally sighed. My wolf was stronger than Daniel thought. I looked back at Daniel to see him smirking again.

"Still no wolf eh?" He said. I faked panic and lunged at him only to be held back by the chains.

"What have you done!" I screamed at him. He smirked again satisfied with himself.

"You won't be seeing her again."

"You bastard!" I screamed in fake panic. Daniel's smirk dropped and his eyes darkened again. He then lunged forward and swung at my head. I ducked out of the way but the heavy chains prevented me from moving fast enough to avoid his kick. Pain laced through my ribs. I gasped in pain. Daniel went to kick me again but a sudden crash above us made him freeze. There was another crash and Daniels eyes unfocused indicating he was mind-linking someone.

Mate. Here. Anja said weakly from the back of my mind. I smiled slightly.

"Looks like my pack is here." I said darkly. Daniel growled then lunged at me with a animalistic snarl. I was tackled to the ground with Daniel snarling over me.

"Then it looks like I'm going to have to make this quick. Kill the Luna, kill the pack." My eyes widened. Everything the Luna said was coming true. Daniel was going to kill my pack then take over the other packs.

"And what exactly do you hope to accomplish by killing off my pack." I asked him.

"I plan to get my mate back." I replied before punching me in the face.

"Your mate? Beth?" I questioned. "But...she is dead." Daniel snarled and punched me again. My head snapped to the side and I felt blood start pouring from my nose.

"Don't you think I know that!" He screamed in my face. "I sat with her while she died! I watched her take her last breath then held our child as he died! I lost everything that day! The moon goddess turned her back on me and murdered my mate and child! After I get through your little pack I plan on finding the portal to the heavens and enacting my revenge." I gasped at the familiar story. I finally understood everything. I was like the reincarnation of Katerina while Daniel was the reincarnation of Viktor. Daniel is just as crazy as Viktor was but this time Daniel had a while army of wolves behind him.

"Your insane! Do you really think the portal to the heaven's is real?" I screamed. Daniel snarled and punched me again this time I felt my jaw pop meaning it was broken. Daniel smirked in satisfaction. I couldn't talk.

"That should do." He said while looking at his work. Tears welled up in my eyes but I pushed them back refusing to let Daniel see my weakness. "I know it's real. You see, a year after Beth passed I got my hands on a witch. She was the mate of a beta in a pack I took over. This particular witch could see the future. She saw me breaking through the barrier into the heavens."

"Ever think she was lying?" I said through the pain.

"I did. At first. But then she foresaw a girl that would kill me. She saw a white wolf leaping onto mine and ripping my throat out before I could reach the heavens. She wouldn't tell me the name of the girl so we tortured her mate. She caved. The girl was you Arina. Rosie gave you up to save her mate. Too bad though. He died from his wounds. Too much silver. We found her two days later dying from silver poisoning. As she was dying she was whispering something like, 'I'm sorry my goddess, I'm sorry my Guardian.' over and over. It was sad really." He chuckled.

"You really are sick you know that?" I hissed. "You are a sick bastard!" Daniel snarled again and began punching me over and over again until I could no longer move my head and couldn't see out of my right eye. When he was finished with my face he got off me and started kicking me. Suddenly the door to the cellar burst open and in flew a large black wolf. The wolf took one look at me then snarled viciously at Daniel. I smiled through the pain I felt. That wolf was my mate. My Alpha. My savior. My Sebastian.