Chapter 18

I awoke to the gentle snores of Sebastian. His arms were still tightly wrapped around me like last night but now I was facing away from him towards the door. I tried to get up from the bed but my mates tight hold prevented me from even moving. My attempts to pry his arms from my body but he only tightened his hold. I sighed in frustration. I had to lie like that for almost an hour until Jonas came into the room. I looked at him pleadingly and he smiled. Suddenly he reached up and ripped the line from the heart monitor causing it to go off. Loud screeching noises filled to the room then the continuous beeeeeeeeeeeeepppppp signaling a flatline replaced it. Sebastian jumped and his arms left my body. I shifted around to see him sitting confused on the floor. I looked back to Jonas and we both bursted out laughing. Sebastian slowly rose confusion still on his face.

"You were crushing her, Alpha." Jonas explained turning off the heart monitor.

"Jonas?" I asked.

"Yes Luna."

"First: Please call me Ari. Second: Can I leave?" I asked.

"Oh yes Lu-Ari. You may leave whenever your ready."

"I'll have Hazel bring you a change of clothes." Sebastian said pulling out his phone. After he texted his sister he put his shirt and shoes back on before sitting in the bed beside me. I leaned against him and relaxed. It's funny how in one short week I've accepted the fact that my mate was one of my worst fears. I've accepted that the Moon Goddess did this for a reason. She put Sebastian in my life for a good reason. To help me get over my past. "Ari?" He asked.

"Yes?"

"I was thinking." He began. "Can I...take you on a date?"

"A date?"

"Yes like we go somewhere together and get to know each other better." He explained. I smiled.

"I've never been on a date before."

"I thought so." He said. "So...will you go on a date with me?"

"Sure." His eyes lit up.

"Really?"

"Yes. I will go on a date with you, Sebastian." He smiled wider and suddenly engulfed me in a hug. I laughed and he let me go. I was suddenly aware of how close we were. I was practically sitting in his lap, our faces inches apart. We leaned in closer and closer until...

"So I don't have very many outfits that will fit----Oh-my-goddess am I interrupting something?" Hazel said making both of us jump apart. I almost fell off the bed but Sebastian caught me and pulled me back onto the bed.

"Yes, Hazel you did." He said. She rolled her eyes and handed him the clothing, which he handed to me. I tried to get up from the bed but as soon as I put any weight on them, my legs gave out. Sebastian caught me and set me back on the bed. He took the clothes off the floor where I dropped them and handed them to Hazel. "Please help her. " He said before exiting the room. She smiled at me and helped me to the bathroom to shower. She set me on the toilet and turned on the water.

"Soo...uhh...what were you and Sebastian doing when I walked in?" She asked with a sly smile.

"Well...he kinda asked me out on a date." I said fidgeting with my hospital gown. She squealed and started to jump up and down.

"When? Where? What are you doing? Oh tell me tell me tell me!" She squealed. I smiled and shook me head.

"I don't know." I said. "I suppose he would have told me if you hadn't interrupted us." She stopped jumping and started glaring.

"Your shower is ready." She mumbled. She started to reach towards me to help me undress but I pushed her hands away remembering the last time someone helped me. I'm not making that mistake again. I couldn't risk having to explain my scars to another person.

"I can do it myself, thank you." I said politely. She seemed disheveled a bit by my rudeness but shrugged it off and exited the bathroom. Slowly, using the sink, I pushed myself up off the toilet. When I felt like I could stand by myself I let go of the sink and untied my hospital gown and let it fall to the floor. I tried to avoid the mirror but I couldn't move fast enough to miss myself in the reflection. Jagged and straight scars covered the length of my back. Some from various types of whips others from various types of knives. Each scar reminded me of a time I had "disobeyed" Daniel's endless rules. Never look a higher up in the eyes. Never speak unless directed to by a superior. Never refuse an order from a superior. Never think you are more than just trash that can be taken out at any time. Sometimes Daniel found reasons to hurt me. He would spend hours with me in his "fun room" dishing out my punishments. Each scar is a reminder of the cruelty I had survived. I would forever bear these reminders on my back. I shook my head and torn my eyes from my damaged body in the mirror. I stepped into the shower and quickly washed my hair and body with the generic body wash and shampoo provided by the hospital. When I was done I dried off and dressed in the clothes Hazel had brought me. She had given me a black bra and matching underwear, a beautiful blood red, long sleeve shirt with an equally as beautiful tan cardigan to go over it, black leggings, and knee high black boots. I dressed then pulled my long brown hair up into a high ponytail. I exited the bathroom to see that Vera had joined Hazel on my bed. As soon as she saw me her eyes lit up and she jumped off the bed running at me. She jumped on me, hugging me to death.

"Oh my littles sisters first date!" She mused. She let me go and looked me over. "Good job picking out her outfit Hazel! Those colors do look great on her."

"Why are acting this way?" I asked her suspiciously. She smiled but said nothing.

"Come on!" Hazel said suddenly. "My lug of a brother is waiting for you!"

"Wait!" I protested as she tried to pull me along. "The date is now?"

"Yep!" Vera said from behind me. "Now come little sister! Off to your first date!"