Chapter 23

"When I was little, before I was taken, we lived in Russia. We were celebrating joining a community." I said causing him to give me a confused look. "In Russia and many parts of Europe they are more lenient towards rouges. They even offer places for the to live called communities. I mean you have to pass a background check ensuring you've never killed and you have to tell them why you left your last pack but its a safe haven for rouges. It's almost like a human community. No Alpha just a central government elected by the people of the community. Anyways, we were excepted and as celebration we went to the park and had a picnic. I was playing tag with Alexandr and we went too far into the woods. We were about to turn back when a man came out of nowhere. He flashed his eyes so I knew what he was. I made Alexandr run back to our parents and I took off in another direction. The man caught me in no time. He dragged me to a van and they knocked me out with something. Next thing I know I am in a dark room chained to the wall. I was there for days before they came in. It was dark and cold and I was hungry. So hungry. When Daniel came in I was weak . I couldn't move. I thought I was going to die. At first he was nice. Asking me why I was special. If I could show him my power. I didn't know what was happening and when I didn't give him the answer he liked he started hurting me. When he finally realized I wasn't what he thought I was he got angry and started hurting me more. When he was done he said that since he went through all the trouble of getting me there I was going to stay there. I was going to become a slave. For the next 5 years I was just a slave to everyone. Even the omegas treated me like trash. When I turned 12 and didn't shift it got worse. Usually the ones that don't shift get kicked out of the pack but since I was kidnapped and forced to be there they couldn't exactly let me go. So I was treated worse. Not only was I beaten every night but I was...raped as well." Sebastian growled. "It went on like that until the night I turned 16. Daniel's daughter Emma was playing with the other children and fell down. She scraped her knee and started crying. Daniel was nursing a hangover. He went to hit her so I threw a lamp at him. He forgot about her and turned his anger towards me. He dragged me up to my room by my hair. He then proceeded to torture me to the point of death then he raped me and left me in a pool of my own blood. Then I got this really bad headache and passed out. When I woke up Adira was there and I was healed. She told me I needed to escape so I pulled the nails out of my window for hours and escaped onto your land." I hadn't even realized I was crying until Sebastian was kneeling in front of me wiping my tears.

"I am so sorry this happened to you." He whispered. "I wasn't able to protect you. I am so sorry." I took his hands from my face and held them in my lap.

"It's alright." I said. He nodded and put his head on my lap. I began stroking his hair.

"I love you." He said suddenly lifting his head from my lap. I stopped breathing. Did he just say... "I love you Ari. You are the best thing thats happen to me. I searched and searched and almost gave up on finding my mate then you came running onto my land. I-"

"Stop. Please stop." I said, trying but failing to will the tears away. "You don't want me! I mean you just heard my story! I am disgusting! I'm trash! I had a freaking miscarriage the second week I was here! You deserve better!" I said getting up from the bed. I tried to go for the door but Sebastian came up behind me and closed the door. "Please let me go." I whimpered. He wrapped his arms around me hugging me close. I leaned my head against the door letting the tears fall freely.

"Don't say that. Please. You are not trash. You are not disgusting. You are the most beautiful person I have ever met, inside and out. You are my mate and I love you more than anything. Please believe that." He whispered. Sobs racked my body. How could he say that. How could he love me?

He does love you. Please believe him Ari. Anja said in my head. Stop fighting it. Ask him to mark you. This will prove how much he loves you. You will feel all his emotions. Know what he is thinking. This is how he can prove to you how much he loves you. I nodded and turned around in his arms.

"Will you mark me?" I asked him. He looked at me with astonishment in his eyes. "Please?" He nodded and led me to the bed.

"A-are you sure?"

"Yes I am." I answered. He nodded and leaned forward. When he touched his lips to mine sparks shot through my entire body. The kiss was soft yet demanding. I moaned and he pushed me back onto the bed. Before I knew it, my shirt was on the floor and Sebastian was kissing my neck. Then he was nibbling along the place where my neck and shoulder meet.

"You're sure?" He asked one more time looking deep into my eyes. I nodded and he started kissing me again. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my neck. Then as soon as it was there is was gone. Replaced by pleasure. I moaned. Then the pleasure stopped and Sebastian pulled back. "Your turn." He said pulling me onto his lap. I nodded and let my canines extend. Then I leaned down and sank my teeth into the crook of Sebastian's neck. He gasped then moaned wrapping his arms around me, pulling me closer to him. I held my place for another second before letting my canines recede and licking the wound, successfully sealing it. I looked down at the healing bite mark and watched as dark black ink suddenly started to appear. A beautiful tattoo of a wolf appeared. It was two wolves. One black the other white in the shape of a heart. It was breath taking. Under it the name, Arina Petrovna Volkov was written in the most beautiful script. I gasped at the mere beauty of the mark running my hands over it. Sebastian shivered at my touch. "You have one too, love." He said pulling my hair to one side. I smiled and ran to the bathroom to look at my new mark. It was a mark identical to Sebastian's but under it was the name, Sebastian Xavier Waters. I was too caught up in my mark to notice Sebastian standing behind me. He wrapped his arm around me and rested his chin right beside my mark.

"It's beautiful." I said leaning back against him. He smiled and kissed my mark making me moan. He smiled wider.

"Yes you are." He said causing me to laugh at how corny he was. Suddenly exhaustion swept over me. I leaned more into Sebastian and closed my eyes. "You must be exhausted. I know I am. Marking takes a lot out of you." I nodded and he swept me up into his arms and carried me to the bed. He tried to lie me down but I shook my head. He set me on my feet.

"I need to shower." I said. He nodded and helped me to the bathroom.

"I will get you clothes." He said before disappearing into the room. I sat on the toilet and took a deep breath. Sebastian came back into the bathroom and turned the water on. While we waited for it to warm he picked me up of the toilet, sat down, and set me back down on his lap. In that moment I felt complete. Our bodies fit together like puzzle pieces. We were made for this. For moments like this were we could just sit together in a comfortable silence and know that everything had already been said that needed to be.

"I love you Sebastian." I said suddenly.

"I love you too." He said planting a tender kiss on my temple.

*********************************************************

Alright so the picture at the first of the chapter is the marks on Sebastian and Ari. Just imagine the names written under them ig. And please, if you love my story shoot me a message or vote or comment. Everything y'all say is taken under consideration.

Thanks,
Bailey McKinzie