Chapter 12

As soon as we arrived back into the territory I could see wolves running around us on all sides. When Hazel parked the car, my door was ripped open and I was torn out of my seat. I screamed in pain but my attacker didn't relent. From past experience I realized it would be better to just relax and let them pull me towards the house. I could hear shouting but everything was a blur.

Fight back! Anja said inside my head. Let me take over! She pleaded. I nodded and let the walls in my mind crumble. Before I could blink I was no longer in control and was hunched in a corner in the back of my mind watching the scenes around me. Sebastian was standing before me, eyes glowing, furious.

"Where were you?!" He screamed at Anja. She growled and raised her haunches showing her unwillingness to be disrespected. His eyes softened and he took a deep breath trying to calm down but suddenly as soon as the calm was there it was gone. "Why do you smell like another wolf?!" He screamed. Anja growled again and the earth started to shake, the wind started to pick up, and sudden storm clouds ran overhead, thunder rumbling. Vera seemed to realize what was happening and broke free of her mates arms. When she was free she ran straight to us and took us into her arms.

"Anja please calm down. Please." She pleaded them she turned to Sebastian. "Apologize!" She said sternly causing him to growl at the disrespect. "You hurt Ari. Anja is protecting her. Please apologize." She said trying to phrase it more respectfully. A look or realization took over Sebastian's face and was soon turned into one of regret. His eyes changed back to his usual beautiful blue and he slowly raised his hands showing he meant no harm. Vera let us go and Anja shifted into human form still not letting me have control.

"Is this how you treat your mates?" Anja sneered pointing at Lucas, who was pulling Vera back into his arms. She growled at him, no doubt with glowing eyes, and he dropped his eyes but continued to pull my sister back. Sebastian's brows creased in confusion.

"We didn't know where you were!" Sebastian defended. "And you smell like another wolf!" He said defending himself.

"She smells like Lex! Her childhood best friend! The only reason she is alive today!" Anja screamed at him. "This is the first time she's seen him in 5 years!" Sebastian's eyes filled with regret again.

"I....I didn't know. I'm sorry." He said in a small voice. "Can you give Ari control again?"

"No!" Anja snapped. "She is terrified!" Anja sneered at him and before he could say anything else she pushed past the small group that had formed and into the house. I just sat back in my corner and let her to lead me where she wanted. Silently we walked up the stair and took a right. It took me a moment but I realized she was going to Sebastian's room. She shut the door and locked it before dropping her wall and letting me spring forward in to my own body.

Shower. She said in my mind. I nodded and locked myself in the bathroom. I stripped and stepped into the shower letting the hot water run all over my body. I washed my hair and body with Sebastian's products relishing in the scents that were his. After awhile the water started to turn cold so I decided it was time to get out. I had no clothes so I wrapped a towel around my body and exited the bathroom. I walked across the room but before I could get to the closet the huge window-wall shattered all around me. I screamed and dropped to the ground wrapping my arms around myself trying to protect my body from the glass. I could feel the blood running down my body from the places the glass scraped. I heard the door pound open but I was shaking on the floor, paralyzed with fear. Strong arms wrapped around me and the scent of my mate enveloped me. I felt weightless for a moment then I felt water running down my body. When I came to my senses I realized Sebastian had found me on the floor and was cleaning the blood off of my already healed body. When he was done he set me on the toilet and ran into the room, returning soon with fresh clothes to change into. Still in shock I couldn't move so he helped me change. He set me back on the toilet and kneeled in front of me. His mouth was moving but no words came out. I closed my eyes and shook my head trying to focus.

"Are you alright?" He asked again. I looked in his eyes, full of love and concern, and it was as if the flood gates crumbled. I fell against him and burst out in tears. He wrapped his arms around me trying to soothe my.

"They....they c-can find me anywhere!" I sobbed into him. "I will never be safe!" Sebastian stiffened and pushed me back gently giving me a stern look.

"Ari calm down please." He pleaded wiping tears from my eyes. "That was not an attack from Blood Moon. Some kids were playing baseball and a stray home run hit the window. You are safe with me. I will alway protect you." He said giving me a reassuring smile. After a moment the truth sunk it and I sighed in relief. This wasn't Daniel trying to take me back. I am safe. Suddenly I was hyper aware of everything around me. I was aware of how close Sebastian and I were. And by the Sparks shooting through my body, I was aware of Sebastian hand on my knee. I froze and he realized how uncomfortable I was. He quickly stood up, mumbled something about it getting late and exited the bathroom leaving me to my thoughts.

Maybe we should trust him more. Anja said. I nodded and sat on the toilet for quiet awhile just thinking about what just happened.