CHAP 29

"Why did he called me?" Pearl nibbles on her nails in nervousness. "I seriously have no idea." Jin whispered as both of them follows the soldiers probably send by the general. "Oh gosh Jungkook must be so much worried right now!" She placed her hand on her chest to somewhat calm her nerves. "Here I am about to shit in my pants and you are thinking about Jungkook!!" Jin lashed out on her. Pearl just rolled her eyes, she knew that right now in this situation she can't reply with her witty comebacks.

"Empty your pockets and keep your belongings in this tray. And I hope that you are not carrying any sharp things with you.." One of the soldier spoke. Both of them suddenly alerted hearing soldier's voice. They were now in a very modern but eerie looking hallway standing in front of  the General's room. Cameras were everywhere detecting each and every person passing by them. Many soldiers who Pearl for a single moment thought were mannequin as they were so still was guarding the place like hawks. Jin gulped down his saliva after noticing his surroundings. They both without any word empty their pockets and put their things on the tray. 

"You guys can now enter the General's office." Some high ranking officer typed the password on the keypad. The ting indicated that it is now their cue to enter the room. Pearl do her silent prayers before entering the office with Jin.

Inside was a typical office room with cupboards filled with old file works. A big table was in between the room with chair behind it and on the chair was sitting probably the most important human alive right now quietly observing their steps. Though his hair was grey and he have some wrinkles on his face but this does not lessen the intimidating aura around him. His personality literally screams 'I am important'.

"Good day Mr. Kim and Ms. Pearl." He said with his deep voice. "Good day sir." Jin and Pearl both bowed deeply at him. "I am Chief General Erwin Waldo and I called both of you to discuss some important matter." He gets up from the chair and walk around to lean on the table.

" Yes sir, we are listening. It will be our utmost honor if we could help you with anything." Jin gulped praying that everything to be fine. "Well indeed I am looking for your hands to help." Erwin smirked as he walks in the back of the room to grab an old rusty file from one of the cabinets. 

"I hope you all are now settled here quite well." He walk back and keep the file on the table. "Yes sir we are adopting here slowly after spending so much time outside from here on our own." Pearl responded while slowly rubbing her hands to wipe the sweat off. 

"Well I am glad to hear it Miss." Erwin smiled quite viciously which doesn't go unnoticed by Pearl. 

"So exactly how many of you have arrived here?" He asked, again leaning slightly on the table with his hands folded against his chest. "Um including me and her...we are total eight people." Jin said somewhat confused that why he had asked such a question. The General nodded.

"So according to the data here you are seven men and one women who have arrived here and the names are Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, Jeon Jungkook.." He paused for a second after saying their names and then meet his gaze with Pearl, "And Miss Pearl." He put the file down and stand straight with his hands still folded. "Am I correct with all the names miss." He asked slightly raising his eyebrows to look at Pearl. "Y-Yes, this is the correct information sir." Pearl stuttered slightly.

"So the main  matter that I want to talk with you both is-" He move in very slow agonizing manner and stand in front of both of them with the deadly menacing aura surrounding the whole room. 

"The Jeon Jungkook, one of your friend is actually our ex military officer who went missing while he was leading his team to ambush the zombies horde in the eastern area." He said seriously, standing straight with his eyes focused on both of them. 

All the color from Pearl's face faded as soon as the general's words reached her ears. Jungkook was actually one of them when he was human! This means they surely know something is wrong now. 

"And according from the interview, I heard he said that he worked in a cafe. This thing surely is quirky isn't it Mr. Kim." 

"H-huh sir..." Jin's mind was completely blank. It's just like they are in a hungry lion's den with no way out. " I think there is some misunderstanding sir. Jungkook really did worked in a cafe before all of this pandemic." Pearl tried to sought the things out but Jin nudged her to remain quiet.

"Well how can it be possible Miss Pearl. This is my commander I am talking about. I think Max will not be wrong with his fellow co-worker hm!" Erwin slants his eyes with his hands behind his back. 

"Um maybe he have twin." Jin internally screamed hearing Pearl blabbering all the random stuff in front of the General. "Haha Miss Pearl we will be surely undergoing with the deep investigation regarding this, you not need to worry about anything. Honesty and truth will always be our first priority." General said with the authority. 

"Yes sir." Jin bowed to him and nudges Pearl to do so too. "You guys may now leave. Thank you for your kind support." Erwin leaded them out of the office. Both of them silently comes out of the office and walks in the hallway surrounding with the soldiers.

As soon as they were out from there, both of them starts running. "We need to leave this place quick Jin or they will kill all of us." Pearl huffed while running. "I know we quickly need to inform the guys regarding this. There is no time for us to waste." Jin gasped trying to run as fast as he could with Pearl following behind him with the equal energy hiding from all the eyes that might prove to be dangerous to them.

These seven guys including Pearl had came out of nowhere and become his family and Jin had vowed that he will protect his family always and forever.

Author's Note:

Dun Dun Dun.....finally some spice!! So guys this book is on the verge of ending now hehe. It's my first book here so ofcourse I will be attached to it and now it is going to end soon and I am definitely not crying. Okay forget it for now just focus on the coming chapters *evil laugh* 

Thank you for reading. Purple you all 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜