CHAP 1

Pearl's  POV :

We were on run from the group of zombies that caught us from the convenience store while we were storing some supplies. Mark quickly takes some random car which to our luck was in the parking. While me and Alice were busy shooting the zombies following our tail. Mark starts the car by joining some wires while we quickly places ourselves on the seat.

"Wow, that was one hell of the thrill!" Mark exclaimed as he raced on the highway. Alice rolled her eyes "Yeah one of the hell which could directly take you to the hell." Mark snickered from front and I just chuckled. 

"We cannot drive more than the ten miles with this much fuel, we must have to look for the safe place for the night as staying in the car may not be the best idea." I said while looking outside the window. "You are right pearl, is there any place for accommodation Alice." Mark asked while looking through the wing mirror. "Yeah, there is one hospital not very far from here, may be five or six miles." Alice said while looking through her navigator. "Will there be any dead ones?" I asked her while she was still busy looking through her navigator. "There is town not very far away from the hospital, but still at the decent distance. I think it will be okay to spend the night there" Alice answered finally averting her eyes from the navigator. "Then lets get it!" Mark shouted while speeding through the road.

Mark slowly opens the door of the abandoned hospital while me and Alice tightly clutches our guns being fully alerted. We slowly makes it to the hallway and starts looking around. "I think there is no one here." Alice said while looking around and Mark hummed. "Lets select the room then. Since no one is here." Mark said pacing around the hallway for final inspection. 

We settled in some sort of laboratory as it has many boxes and cupboards to hide in. While we were placing our things on the floor the sudden growl made Mark flinch resulting him to drop a glass beaker. The noise of the glass shattering attracts whoever the creature was outside as it rigorously starts punching on the door. We all looked at each other. "Hurry lets hide somewhere!" whispered Alice while moving towards the door and placing chairs and tables in front of it to prevent it from breaking. Alice and Mark hide behind the large couch near the door while I try to hide myself behind the counter. The sudden breaking of door and the deep growl makes all of us flinch. "Shit ,They are ghouls!" I whispered under my breath while reloading my guns. There were three ghouls stood in front of the door while looking around. They start searching in the room. I close my eyes while try to calm my breathing. The sudden deep growl forces me to open my eyes and look in front. The ghouls have found Mark and Alice. They tries to shoot the ghoul but it missed. Panic can be seen in there eyes while the ghouls were approaching. I tried to aim on one of them but suddenly mark takes Alice's hands and start running towards the door with the two ghouls following behind them. The door closed with the large thud as the two ghouls followed my friends. I cursed under my breath when there is still one ghoul looking around and sniffing as if trying to find someone. Suddenly it lets out the deep growl as soon as its eyes locks with me and it starts plunging towards me. I aim my gun towards its neck and fire two shots simultaneously beheading the ghoul. The force of my gun threw its body towards the gate immediately breaking it. 

As I was looking at the beheaded ghoul my eyes met with the soft brown eyes with the tinge of grey in it as they were staring at me intensely. My mind went blank while staring at those soft brown doe eyes. My daze was interrupted by the grunts which was not far away from the room. I try to reload my gun but my eyes widened as I realized that all the bullets supply was with mark.

 Well shit.

 Authors Note :

Thank you for reading. Please vote and comment.