CHAP 10

Pearl's POV:

Everyone was back and we all were sitting at dinning hall having our dinner prepared by Yoongi. "Waah!! Yoongi hyung  you really cook good!" Hoseok says with his full mouth. There were series of agreement passes down the table. After that the only sound can be heard is of plates and spoons clinking.

I kept eyeing Jin  while he was enjoying his food. I really have to talk to him and everyone about the antidote issue and now only seems the right time. I cleared my throat loudly and this causes  to catch everyone's attention. "Umm Jin..how was your day today?" I asked him. "It was good Pearl, the reason that I went out was full filled. how was yours?" he asked back. "Mine was also fine. Actually I want to ask something to you. You said you were researcher of the team, right?" Jin stopped eating and looked at me, "Yes. What do you want to ask?". I starts to play with food, " If you are researcher that means that you are working on the antidote of the virus." This causes everyone to look at my direction even Jungkook and Taehyung stop chewing on their meat.

Jin cleared his throat and answered back, " Yes, we all are working on antidote and I mean whoever is alive, they will surely be working on the antidote of this virus." I nodded at him, "You are right but look at the circumstances Jin, here you guys have far better place and supplies to work than the people out there. And I am pretty sure you are residing here for quite some time, so there has to be something  that you guys must have worked on." Jin put his spoon down and look at me with serious gaze, "Let's talk about this privately in my office after dinner." I lower my gaze to my food and nodded at him. Everyone returns to eat  as if nothing happened but Jungkook kept looking at me.

After dinner I return to my room to change my clothes into more comfortable wear and brush my teeth. Why does Jin wants to talk about this privately?... I shrug and finish my night routine. There was knock on my door and when I opened it I was met with Jimin with Jungkook standing behind him. "Hii Pearl, Jungkook wants to meet you so I  brought him here." Jimin says.  I thanked  and told him that I will bring Jungkook back to his room and then he leaves saying 'goodnight'. "What's the matter Jungkook why do you want to meet me." I says while bringing him to sit with me on bed. "Par.." he tries hard to speak. I was patiently waiting for him to speak. "Parr.. izz   okayy   not ta..lk   Jiiiin  I Fiiiinee!!" Jungkook tries his hardest to speak. My eyes soften, even now when I am trying to help him, he is thinking about me. I hold his hand, "Jungkook, do you trust me?" he nodded immediately. "Then trust me when I have said that I will help you then I am not backing away from my words." I says while looking in his eyes. Jungkook's grip on my hand tightens," I...tru..st  par... ." I smiled at him.

I dropped Jungkook back to his room and walk towards Jin's office. When I reach there I hold my breath and tries to calm my breathing down...Why the hell I am nervous...I move my hand to knock on his door but before that the voice inside told me to 'come in'. I brushed my clothes to clean off the non-existed dirt and enters his office. 

Jin was standing in front of the window and when I entered he turned back and motions me to sit on the couch beside him. When we both settle down I open my mouth to speak something but Jin beats me into it. " I know pearl what do you want to speak." Jin sighed and I just blinked my eyes at him. "You are right that we are working on an antidote."he says. "That I already know Jin but  working on it does not do anything for now. We have to speed up the process." I says exasperatedly. " That I know pearl." he said. "Also why do you want to talk about it privately and not in front of all." I asked him . He just sighs and get up and walk towards the cupboard. He opens it and there is some steel locker in it . I squint my eyes to get better look at what he was doing. Jin quickly type something on it and opens it. He take out the metal box from it  and then walk towards me. 

He keeps the metal box on table in front of us. "What is this?" I scrunches my face while observing the metal box. "Open it."Jin  says calmly. I look at him and then at the box. I opened it and found some syringes and some bottle of medicines in it. "Why you are giving me medicine, what is this?" I says while observing the bottle. "This is the antidote of the virus." Jin answered calmly. The bottle was just going to slip from my hand but I save it in time and keep it back safely. "WHATT!!!" I screamed with my eyes wide. " Yes this is the antidote but it works on human for only one time that is if zombie bites then you can be I repeat you CAN BE revived but not twice if in case zombie again bites you." I listened to him with my eyes still wide. Jin continues " Actually this antidote is basically for zombies to turn them back to humans." I nearly jump from my seat from happiness, "That means we can save Jungkook and Taehyung!! why wait Jin  c'mon let's go!!" I says standing up from my position. 

Jin was looking at me unamused the whole time. "First listen to me Pearl"he says. I look back at him and furrow my eyebrows and sit back down. "As I said that basically this antidote is to help zombies, it  is true but the problem is  that we haven't tested it yet. This means that this antidote if used directly can have complication which I myself don't know and to know this I need to test it" Jin continues. I was listening to him the whole time and my eyes widen after he finishes the sentence. I start connecting the dots "Don't tell me Jin the reason you let both of them inside is because- I was cutoff by the loud gunshot downstairs and some screaming. Jin and I both look at each other with widening eyes.

What happened now....

Author's Note:

Hello guys!! How was the chapter please tell me by voting and commenting. Thank you so much for reading!!

Stay safe and take care~~