CURSES AND BOONS

Karna was taking a stroll near the river bank, the very same place where he gave away his Kavach and Kundal to Ashwathama. His mind was restless, only one curse was tackled till now and 2 were still remaining. He saw today how Dushashan tried to run away from his fate but still Bheem killed him ruthlessly, he too realized then that he can't run away from his fate, no-one can.

"MUJHE PATA NAHI CHAL RAHA HAI KI RAAT ANDHAKAR MAI HAI YA AAPKA MAN ?" Karn smiled hearing the familiar voice, Amarsri again came to solve his doubt.

"AAP TOH SAB JANTI HAI, MERI CHINTA TOH KEVAL MERE SHRAAP HAI." Karna said.

"KYA AAPKO MUJH PAR VISHWAS NAHI RADHEY ?" Amarsri asked with fake offence.

"NAHI-NAHI ! MUJHE NIYATI PAR VISHWAS NAHI. MUJHE ITNA ABHAS HAI KI YUDH AB ADHIK DIN NAHI CHALEGA AUR SHRAAP KA ASAR KABHI BHI HO SAKTA HAI. MAI KYA KARU ?" Karn asked.

"MANUSHYA KARTA WAHI HAI JO WOH CHAHTA HAI KINTU HOTA WAHI HAI JO PARAMATMA CHAHTE HAI, YADI MANUSHYA WAHI KARE JO PARAMATMA CHAHTE HAI TOH HOGA WAHI JO WOH CHAHTA HAI." Amarsri said and left leaving Karn confused.

-

It's the last prahars of 17th day of war and Ashwathama has been on a killing spree since Dronacharya's death. Although Ashwathama was no Arjun in Archery that didn't mean he wasn't deadly, after all he was the son of Dronacharya.

The plan of Kaunteyas was to kill Duryodhan today and finish the war for once and for all. But with Ashwathama they weren't able to reach him but he had one weakness that he was after Karn and Karn only.

"YUDH SAMAPT HONE MAI KUCH HI SHAN BAKI HAI, AUR HUME ASHWATHAMA KO DURYODHAN SE DUR KARNA HOGA." Yuddhistir said.

"ASHWATHAMA KA EK HI LAKSH HAI AAJ, SURYAPUTRA KARN KI MRITYU." Krishna said, Karna and Amarsri understood what he meant.

Amarsri took the Rath towards Ashwathama's direction where he was mercilessly killing soldiers.

"ASHWATHAMA !! YUDH KARO MUJHSE !!" Karna challenged.

"TUMHARI HI TOH PRATIKSHA THI KARN !! AAJ MAI TUMHE NAHI CHODUNGA SURYAPUTRA !!" Ashwathama roared.

"PEHLE PAKAD KE TOH DIKHAO !" Amarsri said taking the rath to the opposite direction.

"KAYARO KE PRATI KAHA BHAG RAHE HO !?!?!" Ashwathama yelled, his rath following their's. This all was seen by Shakuni who suspected that Amarsri was up for something.

Amarsri took the rath outside the Ranbhumi, with Ashwathama slowly catching up or one could say Amarsri let him catch up. As they were going the rath jerked and the wheel got struck in the mud which was wet due to the blood of soldiers. The second curse had taken place, and the bloodlust Ashwathama too now stood in front of them.

"RATH KA PAHIYA BHUMI MAI DHAS GAYA HAI." Amarsri said.

"MUJHE UTAR KE PAHIYA NIKALNA HOGA." Karn said.

"NAHI, YEH ASHWATHAMA AAPKA VADH KARDEGA." Amarsri said.

"TOH AB KYA KARE ?" Karn asked.

"SAARTHI MAI HU, PAHIYA BHI MAI HI NIKALUNGI. AAP ASHWATHAMA KO VYAST RAKHIYE AUR KUCH BHI HOJAYE PICHE MERI OOR MAT DEKHNA." Amarsri said keeping in mind of the third curse also. Karn nodded.

Amarsri got down from the rath and made her way towards the wheel which was submerged in the earth. By now Karn and Ashwathama engaged in an immense and fierce duel.

Amarsri grabbed the wheel and started to push it out of the ground when suddenly an arrow hit the calf of her right leg. Amarsri winced and turned her head, seeing none other than Shakuni with the bow.

"AMARSRI AAP THIK TOH HAI ?" Karna asked his eyes fixed on Ashwathama.

"MERI CHINTA CHODIYE ! APNA SAMPOORN DHYAAN ASHWATHAMA PAR KENDRIT KIJIYE !" Amarsri commanded.

She ignored the bleeding wound and again started to push the rath again but Shakuni again hit her other leg with arrow, making her wince again.

"AMARSRI-" Karn was about to say something but Amarsri interjected.

"KAHA NA MAINE DHYAAN WAHA RAKHIYE !!!" Amarsri yelled.

Shakuni aimed another arrow at her, with his bow was fell from his hand by the arrow of Dilip.

"ACCHA HUYA KRISHNA NE MUJHE YAHA BHEJ DIYA !" Dilip said. Amarsri looked at him proudly and this time pushed the rath out successfully.

"SAARTHI RATH SHIRAH DURYODHAN KE PAAS LE CHALO !" Shakuni said and escaped with Dilip following him behind.

Suddenly all the Maharathis blew the Shankhnaag marking the end of the day. Amarsri internally thanked Krishna, for sending Dilip here on time.

--

It was night time and Amarsri was in her tent applying medicines to her legs when she heard some arguing. She got up and quickly went outside the tent and saw Balram and Krishna arguing.

"YEH PAKSHPAAT HAI KANHA !" Balram said.

"PAKSHPAAT TOH MAI SADEV KARTA HU DAU, JO MERI SHARAN MAI AATA HAI USKA RAKSHA KARNE KA VACHAN TOH MAINE SAMAYE KE ARAMBHASE DIYA HAI." Krishna said.

"SABHI KO SAMAAN DRISHTI SE DEKHNE KA VACHAN BHI HAI VISHNU KA !" Balram argued.

"KYA HO RAHA HAI YAHA ?" Amarsri asked.

"ACCHA HUA TUM AAGAYI AMARSRI. AB TUM BATAO KANHA NE PAKSHPAAT KIYA HAI YA NAHI ?" Balram said.

"KAUNSA PAKSHPAT ?" Amarsri asked.

"SUNO ISNE JAAKE DURYODHAN SE...." Balram narrated the whole tale about Krishna advising Duryodhan to not go fully naked in front of Gandhari who was about to look at Duryodhan for the first time and make his body of Vajra as a boon but due to following Krishna's advice Duryodhan's one organ was rendered weak.

"AB TUM HI BATAO AMARSRI, EK MATA APNI TAPASYA KA FAL APNE PUTRA KO DENA CHAHTI THI ISME KUCH ANUCHI NAHI THA. KINTU FIR BHI ISNE DURYODHAN KE MAN MAI SANDEH UTPAN KARKE USKE EK ANG KO NIRBAL REH JANE DIYA." Balram said pointing at Krishna, who kept smiling.

"AB YUDH BHUMI MAI USI DURBAL ANG KI OOR YEH KANHA SANKET KAR, BHEEM DWARA DURYODHAN KA VADH KARA DEGA." Balram said, Amarsri looked at both of them.

"DYUT SABHA MAI JO HUYA THA USKE PASHCHAT DURYODHAN KE USS ANG KA DURBAL HONA UCHIT HAI, KYUKI AGAR WOH ANG SHAKTISHALI HOJATA TOH SAMAST NAARIYO KA JEEVAN NARK BANJATA." Amarsri said.

"ISME AB DYUT SABHA AUR NAARIYO KE JEEVAN KI BAAT KAHA SE AAYI ?" Balram asked.

"SAMAYE AANE PAR BATAYUNGI, TATSHREE. SHUBH RATRI." Amarsri said and went inside the tent. 

------------------------------------
A/N
GUESS KARO KI DURYODHAN KA WOH ANG DURALABH REHNA UCHIT KYU HAI IN THE CONTEXT OF DYUT SABHA AND LUFE OF WOMEN.

THIS IS THE THIRD UPDATE FOR TODAY.
VOTING IS OPTIONAL BUT APPRECIATED.
STAY SAFE ❤️