PUNISHMENT OR SALVATION ?

The next and tenth day of the war, Shikhandini no Shikhandi entered the battlefield. After doing tough the tapasya of Yakshraj she became a man for a day, that is till sunset.

All the warriors and armies were present in the battlefield, the sinister squad had planned to repel Bhism from Shikhandi till sunset and once they get a chance, they'll kill him.

The Kaunteyas knew that the entire Kaurav army will attempt to keep Shikhandi away from Mahamahim Bhism and their only intention will be to kill him. Thus they planned to shield Shikhandi so in order to get him, they'll have to deafeat the Kaunteyas.

The Kauravas and Kaunteyas both had one goal, to keep Bhism away from Shikhandi and to aid Shikhandi to get to Bhism. One strategy, One plan and One goal.

"HAR-HAR MAHADEV !!" both the armies roared and lunged towards eachother.

Dronacharya and Arjun engaged in a duel while Ashwathama and Shikhandi fought together. Ashwathama easily gained an upperhand, giving a cut to Shinkhandi's arms he made him fall backwards. He was about kill him but Dilip stopped him. He kicked Ashwathama in the guts making him fall back.

"AAP MAHAMAHIM KE PAAS JAYIYE SHIKHANDI, ISSE MAI SAMBHALTA HU." Dilip said. Shikhandi nodded and left.

"AAO ASHWATHAMA YUDH KARO !!" Dilip challenged. They both engaged in am immense duel, actually immense for Ashwathama, piece of cake for Dilip.

Shikhandi fought his way to Bhism but someone hit him in the back with a Gada, he turned around and saw Dushashan grining evily. He and Shikhandi engaged in duel of sword and mace, completely unfair.

"PITAMAH SE POORV MUJHSE YUDH KARO !" Dushashan said. Suddenly someone kicked Dushashan from sides.

"AAP MAHAMAHIM TAK PAHUCHIYE." Prithvik said. Shikhandi nodded and left.

"LAGTA HAI PICHLE DINO KI MAAR KAM PADGAYI TUMHE, DUSHASHAN." Prithvik said, they both lunged in a duel with Dushashan as always getting beaten up by Prithvik.

Shikhandi kept fighting his way to Bhism, 3 more prahars are still left before sunset. Suddenly someone threw a mace at him, Shikhandi turned around to see who it is and saw Shakuni slowly coming towards him.

"DEH PURUSH KI HAI KINTU YUDH ABHI BHI STREE KE BHATI YUDH KAR RAHI HO. DEVI...TSK....TSK....APNE AAP KO DEKHIYE, DEH RAKT SE LAAL HAI AUR SWAS JANE KI ANUMATI MAANG RAHE HAI." Shakuni insulted.

"KUCH HI SHANO MAI AAPKA BHI YAHI HAL HOGA GANDHAR RAJ !" Amarsri said as she and Karn came towards Shakuni.

"ISSI KI KAMI THI.." Shakuni muttered gritting his teeth.

"SHIKHANDI TUM MAHAMAHIM TAK PAHUCHO, ISSE TOH RADHEY ROKENGE." Amarsri said, Shikhandi nodded and left.

"AAYIYE MAMASHREE, APNE JYESHT BHANJE KO YUDH KA AWSAR DIJIYE." Karn said smirking. Shakuni gulped fearing to fight Suryaputra Karn himself.

--

Drupad interjected and engaged in a battle with Dron, freeing Arjun, Dhrishtadyum interjected and engaged in a battle with Ashwathama freeing Dilip. Dilip then went and engaged in a fight with Duryodhan and freed Bheem. Shakuni, well he was pinned to a rath by the arrows of Karn.

The Kaunteyas now stood in front of Bhism hesitant to kill him, they were waiting for Shikhandi to do it. Only a few moments were left before the sunset.

"PRAHAR KARO PUTRO ! DEVI AMBA KI PRATIKSHA MAT KARO." Bhism said. The kaunteyas looked at him with watery eyes.

"ASHRU MAT BAHAYO PUTRO, TUM APNE VRIDH PITAMAH KO MUKTI DE RAHE HO. PUTRO, TUMHARE SHASHTRO SE MUJH PAR PRAHAR NAHI UPKAR HONGE. PRAHAR KARO !!" Bhism said.

The Kaunteyas unwilling raised their bow and with a heavy heart summoned arrows and shot at him. Bhism with his arrows easily blocked them as he didn't drop his weapons yet. He shot arrows at them making their bows fall, he got off the rath and mace.

"MAUN KYU KHADE HO ?! AKRAMAN KARO !!" Bhism ordered. The Kaunteyas grabbed their maces and with a heavy heart engaged in a fight with him.

Shikhandi was heavily wounded with all the fighting and slowly made her way towards Bhism, more soldiers came in his way. He didn't had the strength to fight anymore. Suddenly the Upapandavas gathered around him in a protective circle with Abhimanyu in front and Vrishsena behind.

"AAPKO PITAMAH TAK PAHUCHANE KA DAITWA AB HUMARA HAI." Abhimanyu said fighting off the soldiers.

Soon they escorted Shikhandi to Bhism who was fighting with the Kaunteyas with bow and arrows again.

"AAPKI PRATIKSHA AB PURN HUYI BHISM, AAPKI MUKTI AAPKE SAMAKSH KHADI HAI." Shikhandi said. Bhism smiled at him.

"APNA JEEVAN KARYA PURN KARO DEVI AMBA." Krishna said.

Shikhandi raised his bow and aimed it at him. Bhism smiled as he dropped his bow and joined his hand welcoming his long-awaited fate.

"MUJHE MUKTI DIJIYE DEVI AMBA." Bhism said as he spread his arms.

Shikhandi summoned an arrow and shot it at Bhism, the arrow penetrated right through his heart, making him take a step back. A tear slipped from his old eyes from the pain and also from happiness, he still kept smiling. The Kaunteyas too with a heavy heart raised their bow and shot arrows at him, one by one. But Bhism still kept smiling amidst the pain, causing tears to slip from both Krishna and Amarsri's eyes, Shikhandi too had tears in his eyes.

"APNE PITAMAH KO MUKTI DO, SAKHA. UNKE KASHTO KA ANNT KARO." Amarsri said. Bhism gave her a grateful smile, which she returned. But Arjun was hesitant to shoot anymore arrows.

"MUJHE MUKTI DEDO ARJUN, MUKTI." Bhism requested.

Arjun shot an arrow which multiplied in number mid-air. The arrows penetrated Bhism's entire body, throwing him backwards. Mahamahim Bhism now rested on a bed of arrows as the sun finaly set.

What kind of fate was this ? was it punishment or salvation ? or was it salvation in the form of punishment ?

-----------------------------------------
A/N
*wipes tears* FEELS LIKE YESTERDAY I WROTE HIS FIRST INTERACTION WITH AMARSRI AND NOW... *breaks into tears*

THIS IS THE FIRST UPDATE FOR TODAY.
VOTING IS OPTIONAL BUT APPRECIATED.
STAY SAFE ❤️