Chapter 29

Winter's P.O.V

My heart stopped. Hell! I couldn't even think straight!

Did he just say what I heard he said? Or is my brain playing tricks on me?

I could feel his tight grip upon my wrist. I took a few steps back and faced him. He was looking down. I crouched in front of him to look at his face clearly, searching for signs of truth on his face.

My voice barely above a whisper, "What did you say?"

"It was a mistake. I didn't mean it to come across that way..." He replied.

I sighed as my heart just broke once again. I pulled my hand out of his grasp and walked away. Before I could even reach the door, a pair of arms wrapped themselves around my waist and Jonah hid his face in the crook of my neck. I leaned into the hug even when I shouldn't. I had no control over how my body was responding to him being so close to me. My brain had stopped functioning completely.

He lifted his face and whispered into my ear, "You never let anyone complete, right? Always jumping to conclusions."

He turned me around to face him but I kept looking at my feet. My face was as bright as a tomato. He pulled me closer and titled my chin, "Don't look down."

At his warning, I gazed right into his eyes. We were standing so close that I could see the electric blue flecks in his seaweed green eyes; something I had never noticed before.

"I like you. Only you. I get it if you don't. I just needed to get this off my chest." He repeated.

Nonetheless, I melted on the inside on hearing those words. My legs felt like jelly. If it wasn't for Jonah holding me, I would've probably fallen and made a fool out of myself. I had dreamed of this for a month now. Now that I think about it I like him for a long time but my dense brain and heart didn't exactly tell me about it until like a month ago.

Mustering up my courage, I bit on my lower lip and confessed, "I like you too."

"You do?" Jonah questioned, astonished.

"Yeah, I do." I assured, before hugging him tightly. He hugged me back tighter and lifted me off the ground. He put me down seconds later but didn't let me go.

We broke apart. His arms were still around my waist. Reluctantly, I put my arms around his neck and grinned cheekily.

"You have no idea how happy I am." He smiled. I would have fainted at its beauty. The smile was blinding. I can't believe that I am the reason for it.

I bit on my lip, embarrassed. I hid my face in his chest, blushing profusely. I didn't want him to see me act like a middle schooler whose crush just confessed that they liked them.

"I love it when you blush!" He chuckled, rocking back and forth.

I playfully slapped his arm, my face burning up.

A camera flash went off. I reluctantly pulled away from Jonah. My head in the direction from where the flash came.

I should've known.

Ciara was standing at the doorframe with her phone in her hand. She smirked at the two of us. I instinctively took steps away from Jonah and began admiring the walls. Jonah rubbed the back of his neck as a light shade of crimson tinted his cheeks.

"We were just talking!" I explained, trying to wipe off the smug grin on her face.

"Were you talking or..." Ciara trailed off.

"CeeCee!" I reacted, my face turning a deeper shade of red.

"Well, it is official?" She directed the question towards Jonah.