Chapter 8

Jonah's P.O.V

"Get up, Jonah! Get up!" I heard someone shout in my ears. Taking the pillow from underneath my hand, I slammed it onto the person's face.

"Jonah, Winter called!" The person shouted. 

Winter called? I immediately got up, rubbed my eyes and put on a t-shirt that I left on the floor last night. 

"Jonah's whipped and they aren't even in a relationship." the person said. I turned to look at who waked me up and saw it was Jack. I picked up another pillow and threw at him. 

"I come in peace!" Corbyn said entering the room, with hands up in surrender. 

"He wasn't waking up so I told him Winter called and he woke up like a deer in front of headlights." Jack said, laughing his ass off. 

"You're lucky it's your birthday." I grumbled, getting up. 

"Come downstairs once you're ready." Jack said. He danced his way out of the room. 

"Save it, Corbyn. I don't want to hear it." I said straightening the bed. Corbyn keeps reminding me that she's got a boyfriend. I know that. It's not my fault I can't get over her. If he is going to lecture me again on how wrong it was to harbor feelings for someone who is taken. then I don't want to hear it. 

"Jonah, it's been ten days now. You need to move on, man." He said gently. I tried staying calm. I just sighed in response. I kept my focus on cleaning up room. It was too messy. "Jo, it's just a crush. It isn't anything serious." Corbyn continued. 

"Corbyn, I told you to save it. I don't want to hear it. You have Christina. It's easy for you to say!" I snapped. I realized what I just did. I rubbed my face furiously and said, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it." I felt bad for snapping at me. He was just looking out for me. Corbyn walked to me and gave me a hug. 

He pulled away and said, "I know. Meet us downstairs. Winter has got a lot planned for today." I nodded, knowingly. I took a shower and put on a sweatshirt. I wasn't feeling good today. I went downstairs and the boys were already messing around. 

Jack called out, "Jonah, breakfast is on the table." I had my breakfast and pulled out my phone. I saw it was a text from Winter.

Princess🖤
Has Gabbie arrived?

Me 
Not yet.

I waited for her to reply and realized that she must have boarded the flight. It was time for it anyways. We talk everyday. It feels weird when I don't call or text or receive them. I like talking to her. She always has something interesting up her sleeve. It compels me to know her better. I saved her number as Princess🖤 because she is one and deserved to be treated like that and she likes the black heart.

The door bell rang. "I'll get it." I told the guys. It should be Gabbie. I opened the door and it was indeed Gabbie. 

"Hello, Jonah!" she chirped, giving me a hug. I hugged her back. 

"Something wrong?" She said, pulling away.

"Everything's good, Gabbie. Glad you're here." I said smiling. 

"Who's at the door, Jonah?" Zach called out from the living room. 

"Just Mormons." I winked at Gabbie and she tried to hold in her laughter. I motioned her to come in. I helped her with her luggage. I took the bag she had from her hand and pulled the suitcase behind me. We walked into the living room. 

"I didn't know we had Mormons in LA." Jack said, turning to address me. 

His eyes widened. They became as big as saucers. He jumped over the sofa and ran towards Gabbie. He hugged her so tight and kissed her repeatedly.