Chapter 11

Winter's P.O.V

My friends have obviously lost it. I said this before and I am going to say this again. MY FRIENDS HAVE COMPLETELY LOST IT! Since the past one week, they have been posting pictures with me and typing in weird captions. My phone has been going off every second because my fans and family wants to know what they are up to. I don't know either! Today is the 30th of July, 2018. Tomorrow is going to be the 31st and I have to perform at the MGM. This is stressing me out. It's currently 9:04 a.m. 

Since the last three weeks, I have been working so hard. Being constantly on tour, has drained me of my energy. I was in my hotel room, getting ready for the rehearsal. I had sent the setlist yesterday itself to Joel, who forwarded it to the audio engineer at the arena. I hadn't spoken to the boys since yesterday. Neither have Makayla, Raphael and Ciara contacted me. I tried calling and texting all of them. They didn't answer them. I spoke to Jonah day before yesterday. That's it. That was the last I heard from them. I'm worried. I stayed up all night thinking what I did wrong. I'm really scared. What if they decided that they had enough of me and don't want me in their life anymore? I shivered at the mere thought of it.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on my door. "Miss Addington, it's time to go." Lee called out. "Coming!" I replied. I shoved my phone in my pocket along with my wallet that had my hotel key card in it. I don't like handbags. Don't judge me! With one final look in the mirror, I put on my sunglasses, pushed my hair ahead and walked out. Honestly, I was scared. I knew that there are going to be paparazzi and fans outside the hotel lobby. I have been seeing them there since the past two days. Yesterday night, I stood in my balcony waving at the fans and paparazzi. There were about a thousand people there. I never understood the hype about me. I still don't and I never will. 

We left the elevator and before walking out of the lobby, I took a deep breath. Here goes nothing. I walked out. I was welcomed by screams, squeals, flashing of cameras and lots of questions. The management had placed barricades to stop them from flooding the entrance. The fans had made posters and were holding out their phones for selfies. Victor and Lee were trying their best to calm the crowd down. The car was parked right in front of us but we had to walk a little. I looked around debating whether I should take pictures with them and listen to their pleading. I gave up and walked up to them. I smiled at them and said, "Hello, there. How are you all doing?" The crowd went wild. The fans pleaded to take picture. I took selfies with whoever I could. 

"Ma'am, we got to go." Lee reminded me. I nodded at him. Just as I was about to leave, I saw a one year old in the arms of a fan. She was so cute! 

"Give me a moment." I told Lee. I walked up to the woman and asked, "Is she yours?" 

"Yes!" She screamed. 

"What's her name?" I asked.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't hear you!" 

Of course, she couldn't. The crowd was too loud. 

"What's her name?" I repeated, a little louder this time. 

"Barbara." She replied. 

"Can I hold her?" I asked eagerly. I love babies. I want to have some of my own one day. They make me happy. In this case, the baby was too cute. 

"Of course! Anything for you!" the mother of the baby told me. I smiled at her and carefully took Barbara in my arms. 

"Hi! How are you?" I cooed. The baby smiled at me in response. The crowd got louder at this. 

"This is too loud for you, isn't it?" I whispered sweetly to the baby. She laughed and played with my hair. I grinned. 

"Can you take a photo, please?" I pleaded. I pulled out my phone with my free hand making sure that the baby was safe, unlocked it and handed it to the mother. She took the photo and I returned the baby.