Chapter 7

"Thank you, Denver! You guys have been so amazing today. I hate to go but this is goodbye. For now. I really loved your enthusiasm. It made the concert so special. You guys sing better than I ever can. Love you, guys." I blew the crowd a flying kiss and gave them a wink. The crowd went wild. The audience were screaming, jumping and dancing. People were holding banners and posters and what not. The arena was full. "I'll be back, Denver. Keep an eye out for me." At that, all the lights in the arena switched off. The crowd erupted into cheers and enthusiastic screams. I got off the stage. I was sweating bullets. I walked backstage. As soon as I entered, the crew erupted into cheers. 

My manager, Martha, gave me a tight hug. "That was so amazing. You did really good out there." She praised.

"Thanks." I smiled.

My bandmates came and we high-fived. 

"That was a great show!" My drummer, Giovani exclaimed. My guitarist, Scottie was literally jumping up and down. I kind of wanted my band to have more females than males. One of the perks of being a feminist. I smiled at them and continued to walked. 

I entered my green room and jumped into my couch. I was tired out of my mind. Someone knocked at the door. "Come in." I permitted. I massaged my temples as my head was throbbing with pain. 

"Great work out there." Nafisa said, making herself comfortable on the couch beside me. 

"The crowd was sick!" I exclaimed. I was so happy. 

"You should get changed. We'll check out the pictures and pick one for you to post then." She said, standing up and heading towards the door. 

"Yeah." I said. I turned to look at myself in the mirror. I looked so tired. I had worn a black and white jumpsuit for the concert. I like to keep it casual. I don't like short dresses so my stylists more like Raphael makes sure that they don't give me anything like that. Raphael has been styling me since I started my career in the US. I am pretty comfortable with him and don't really want anyone else. It makes me uncomfortable. My body isn't for display and I don't like showing it off. I think it is mainly because I don't want people to comment on it. I already know that I am not pretty. I don't need others to tell me that. I really like the jumpsuit. I might ask Raphael to let me keep it.

I plucked out my contact lenses from my eyes and placed them back in the tray and closed its lid

I plucked out my contact lenses from my eyes and placed them back in the tray and closed its lid. I opened the drawer of the dressing table. I removed my spectacles case and put on my spectacles. I looked back again in the mirror. Much better, I thought. I removed the unacceptable amount of make up, my make up artists had put on me and put on something more comfortable. Three shows down. Twelve more to go. I was picking up stuff and cleaning the green room. I didn't want to leave it dirty. It was my trash and my stuff. I am going to pick it up. It was Jack's birthday tomorrow. I had already ordered his gift. I was going to get it delivered exactly at 00:00 am tonight through Makayla. She was generous enough to do that for me. Using Max's help, I got it customized for him. We laser engraved it and it looked so fabulous. Jonah told me that Jack loved skateboarding five days ago, when I told him I couldn't decide what to get him.