Chapter 24

Jonah's P.O.V

A smile grew on my face as I read the texts between me and Winter, over and over again. She was so entertaining and cute at the same time. She was literally so cute that I literally can't handle it anymore. Her feisty comments and sarcasm always throws me off but weirdly turns me on.

"Dude, stop smiling. It's getting annoying!" Zach complained, as he pulled his comforter closer to his chin.

Corbyn wiggled his eyebrows at Jonah, "Is it Winter?"

"Obviously! His smile is never that big around anyone else." Jack pointed out.

I rolled my eyes at their statements. I like that girl. I can't help not smile when I talk to her.

Suddenly, the phone was snatched from my hands and I glared at the person who did it.

"Guys, you have to see this!" Daniel exclaimed, showing my phone around.

"Aww! You've got her photo on your homescreen!" Corbyn gushed.

I blushed profusely. I pulled the phone from Daniel's hand forcefully and locked it to save myself from further embarrassment. I did have her picture as my wallpaper. I liked starting my day looking at it. It played as a substitute as I couldn't actually have her by my side all the time. I wish she was with me though. Every hour feels like a year without her.

The picture was actually one of the few that Ciara sent me. They had gone out on a drive just the two of them and Ciara needed a few good pictures. They stopped by at a small garden. While Winter was taking Ciara's pictures, she saw the tree and thought that it was good idea to take a photograph of her hugging one of its branches. 

The reason I love this picture so much was that the smile in this one was actually genuine and not forced

The reason I love this picture so much was that the smile in this one was actually genuine and not forced. She was literally having the time of her life and looked so happy that it brought a smile upon my face every time I saw it. She was just being her usual crazy self and didn't give a damn about anything in that moment.

"Bro, your password is literally her birth date." Daniel grinned.

My cheeks heated up and I managed to get out a few words, "How do you know all that?!"

He smirked at me and turned to the boys, "My phone was dead and I wanted to talk to Win-Win. His phone was the closest. I asked him about using it and he said yes. Before I could ask him his passcode, he disappeared. It didn't take me long to figure it out."

"I don't even remember doing that!" I was shocked that I even agreed to him using my phone.

"So cute! Even his lock screen is a picture of them both!" Jack gushed.

Zach, who was surprisingly out of his grumpy self, exclaimed, "I can't wait for my favourite ship to sail!!!"

"Wait, what?!" I was utterly confused.