Chapter 39

Jonah's P.O.V

"Daniel, dude, that girl was totally checking you out." Zach whispered, once the fans left us.

I chuckled when Daniel gave him a puzzled look.

Jack shook his head in disappointment, "This guy wants a girlfriend but can't even notice a girl flirting with him!"

"I thought she was just talking!" Daniel let out, befuddled.

While the three were busy squabbling, I scanned my surroundings for a glimpse of my girlfriend. She wasn't there. I took a few steps forward, looking around once again. I pulled out my phone and dialed her number, only to realize that the place had no cell network.

"Fuck!" I ran my hands through my hair.

I was aware of the fact that she must be feeling neglected. I didn't mean to make her feel that way. Fuck... Where did she go?

I turned back to the boys and noticed that Corbyn was back from wherever he had run off to. There was a sudden shift in his mood.

I went over, placed my hand on his shoulder and asked, "Dude, you alright?"

He brushed off my hand and glared at me.

Daniel immediately stepped in, "Hey, hey. Corbs, what the hell?! We are in public!"

"Thank God, we're in public or I would've broken his fucking face!" Corbyn hissed at me.

I took a step back, not wanting to create a scene. Zach stood in front of me and Jack tried to control the situation.

I have no idea what's wrong with him. I don't recall doing anything to offend him! Why the fuck is he blasting me?! I am already way too worried about Winter's whereabouts to be dealing with this drama.

Calmly, I suggested, "We'll talk about this later. First tell me, did you see Winter?'

"If you weren't so busy flirting with the fans, I'm pretty sure she would've been still here." Corbyn commented, throwing me another glare.

"What's your problem, dude?! I wasn't flirting with anyone!"

"You hurt my baby sister. That's my problem!"

"Oh hi! How are you?" Zach greeted the next fans that came in for the photo, successfully breaking the argument.

Wait, when did I flirt with anyone?!

Corbyn's hostility radiated like heat waves towards me. It made me feel uncomfortable and guilty at the same time. He didn't spare me a glance after that. I mean it's kinda obvious that he would react this way. He treated Winter like his younger sister, more protective over her than he was of Ashley. Zach kept giving me apologetic looks. I faked my smile through the whole session. Winter's disappearance was making me want to ditch everything and go find her.

Somehow, I made it through the whole Meet and Greet without breaking anything or running off. I pulled out my phone and dialed her number once the network came back. It kept ringing. I tried her digits over and over again. She didn't answer it. I rubbed the back of my neck, cursing every time the phone rang till the line cut off.

I almost threw my phone across the room, but Daniel spoke up, "I got a text from her! She's on the tour bus. She left to buy the dye and the spray bottle for me."

That was enough for me to sprint towards the tour bus. I opened the door to the bus. But her gorgeous laugh stopped me from jumping in.

"See, I knew it! I knew you'd laugh at me!" Eben pointed out, laughing along with her.